RE: [Lansdale] Stony Creek Branch

  • Ken Houseal
    Message 1 of 57 , Jan 1, 2006
      Rick,

      Thanks. Not too much research, mostly from memory. I lived in Fairview
      Village and worked near Ambler. I crossed the branch at least twice a day
      and at various places. That car sat there for a very long time. It was
      lettered Reading and was a Reading green painted flat with Reading yellow
      brackets and arm which I imagine fed the wire from the reel. The car left at
      about the time Conrail abandoned the branch.

      Enjoy your cruise! Happy New Year!

      Ken

    • James Evans
      Message 57 of 57 , Oct 31, 2012
        On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 7:04 PM, JNLCUBED <jnlcubed@...> wrote:

        > **
        > 8212 rolled north to just above 8th St to clear a tree across the tracks.

        Are they like the East Penn crews who like to carry a chainsaw in the cab
        after a storm?

        I didn't get to see if the Perkiomen Branch was running today, but I did
        see their high-railer flatbed with a crane coming out from by the
        locomotive. Later, I thought I saw a crew member leave, but I didn't get
        to talk to anyone.

        Jim Evans