Re: [Lansdale] To Intoduce Myself

  • rowcomm
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2002
      Ben,

      One of the projects I am working on is to get fiber optic cable in
      the ground from Fern Rock to Jenkintown. This is a temporary
      communications system because the "Wayne to Glenside" control project
      is behind schedule. The control project was just awarded in May 2002
      to a large contractor (already forgot their name) but it will take 40
      months to complete. The communications portion might be complete
      before the end of the contract, but based on the history of most
      government projects (built by the lowest bidder - not necessarily the
      best qualified)I expect the schedule to change. I hope not.

      Mostly I deal with third parties that want access to the railroad
      right-of-way. They could be wireless carriers or fiber optic long
      distance telephone companies or anything in between.

      Kevin

      --- In Lansdale_rails@y..., Ben Russell <benrussellpa@y...> wrote:

      > Kevin,
      >
      > Is the project you're working on related to the CTC installation?
      The first
      > phase of that project led to the recent closing of A Tower in
      Southwest Philly.