Re: [Lansdale] Ambler - Fort Washington Question

  • girard903@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
      In a message dated 11/27/2004 12:54:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      reddyrider@... writes:
      crossing. I like that!]

      Two things I've always wondered about and decided to comment on the
      list. Maybe somebody else has noticed too. First, I notice that Fort
      Washington is shown as a conditional stop in timetables -but it seems
      like a pretty busy station to be a flag stop. Second, I always wonder
      why they never relocated the outbound platform at Ambler. The
      outbound and inbound platforms are on opposite sides of, is it Butler
      Tpk? The signs at the old inbound platforms west of Butler quote the
      distance as 400 feet to the new platform. Since the main parking lot
      is east of Butler it makes sense to have the new inbound platform on
      that side. But maintaining the old outbound platform west of Butler
      means homeward bound commuters have to cross Butler to get to their
      cars. Especially on these dark November evenings that's probably not
      too good. Wonder why (or when) they will relocate the outbound? They
      seem like they have plenty of room to do so.

      Tommy Meehan

      The "C" you are probably referring to in the timetable doesn't mean
      "Conditional Stop", but refers to a bus connection. An "F" in the timetable will mean
      that a train will stop on request.