Wire Train

  • Rich Longcoy
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
      The SEPTA wire train left Lansdale station tonight at approximately 1825
      hours eastbound on the normal eastbound track. Power was the RL #60(head
      end) and on the rear was the 9125 (Ex-Reading blue car).

      My wife informed me that she had heard on the scanner that there were wire
      problems at North Wales. Unfortunately, we had her van (without the
      scanner) [maybe I should install one of my spare scanners!]

      We saw the train at Pennbrook Station. Actually, Pennbrook makes a pretty
      good night shot location!

      Best of luck to all. Rich Longcoy

      What are the 5 hot job markets for 2004? Click here to find out.
      http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Custom/MSN/CareerAdvice/WPI_WhereWillWeFindJobsIn2004.htm?siteid=CBMSN3006&sc_extcmp=JS_wi08_dec03_hotmail1
    • Rich Pattison
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
        Southbound through Wyncote @ 7:05 PM.
        Rich

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
          >My wife informed me that she had heard on the scanner that there were wire
          >problems at North Wales.

          KYW was reporting half-hour delays.
        • Mark McCabe
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 3, 2007
            @ 12:30am wire train sitting on the runner. B745 power on the indust.
            at the end of the parking lot. Saw some maintainers @ CP Dale.

            Mark McCabe
          • Rich Longcoy
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 28, 2007
              I rode the R-5 both ways on Thursday. The wire train was tied up (idle) at Wayne Junction (or Roberts Ave) Shop both ways.

              Rich Longcoy
            • Adam Christman
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 7, 2008
                Hey Guys.

                I'm gonna go out today to finally hunt down the wire train. Does anybody know where they'll be working/lunching today?

                Thanks.
                - Adam

                Take a look at my videos here: http://www.rail-videos.net/showvideos.php

              • John-Paul Fiorentino
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 7, 2008
                  Hi Adam, Check North Wales. They have been working around that general area for some time. At least you can look up the line from North Wales if he is further up the line.
                  John

                  I'm gonna go out today to finally hunt down the wire train. Does anybody know where they'll be working/lunching today?

                  Thanks.
                  - Adam

                  Take a look at my videos here: http://www.rail- videos.net/ showvideos. php

                • JOHN AND LUCIA ALMEIDA
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 7, 2008
                    He must be south of Pennbrook, didn't see him from Lansdale.

                    John and Lucia Almeida
                    jnlcubed@...

                    "The important thing is not to stop questioning." -- Albert Einstein

                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 27, 2008
                      Hey Guys.

                      I'm going train hunting today... and want to know where the wire train is. I know its in North Wales... but is he in or out of the cut?

                      Thanks!
                      - Adam

                      Take a look at my videos here: http://www.rail-videos.net/showvideos.php?userid=12506

                    • Ken Houseal
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 27, 2008
                        Probably in the cut. The wire train is working somewhere between North Wales and Gwenydd. It hasn't been in North Wales proper for at least a week.

                        Ken

                        To: lansdale_rails@yahoogroups.comFrom: chessie_t1_2101@...: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 05:29:38 -0700Subject: [Lansdale] Wire Train

                      • Ken Houseal
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 27, 2008
                          Go figure, the wire train is working between 3rd and 4th Aves in North
                          Wales this morning.

                          Ken

                          --- In Lansdale_rails@yahoogroups.com, Ken Houseal <khouseal_1@...> wrote:

                          > Probably in the cut. The wire train is working somewhere between
                          North Wales and Gwenydd. It hasn't been in North Wales proper for at
                          least a week.

                          > Ken
                          >

                          > To: lansdale_rails@...: chessie_t1_2101@...: Wed, 27 Aug 2008
                          05:29:38 -0700Subject: [Lansdale] Wire Train

                          > Hey Guys. I'm going train hunting today... and want to know where
                          the wire train is. I know its in North Wales... but is he in or out of
                          the cut? Thanks!- AdamTake a look at my videos here:
                          http://www.rail-videos.net/showvideos.php?userid=12506[Non-text
                          portions of this message have been removed]

                        • Mark McCabe
                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 20, 2008
                            Saw it at North Wales around 12:30pm.

                            Mark McCabe
                          • JOHN AND LUCIA ALMEIDA
                            Message 13 of 14 , Nov 20, 2008
                              They have pulled down the signal wires from Beaver north to Dickerson on the inbound side. The old signal wires are almost armored with a heavy steel casing surrounding them. In comparison the new wires on the outbound side are the standard rubber coated kind. Bucket truck back up to Church and off the rails about 13:40, wire train with 51 heading back south, will probably follow the 14:23 train out of Lansdale.

                              60 is getting its QM, and 1803 should be going back to WCRR on Monday.

                              B738 sitting on Track 1 with 6225, two ECXX hoppers and 4422. Six axles along side on BRT.

                              John Almeida
                              jnlcubed@...

                              The only competition worthy of a wise man is with himself ~~~
                              Washington Allston

                              Message 14 of 14 , May 20 9:31 PM
                                Wire Train up at Oreland. Engine 60. Saw him on my way home tonight on Septa.

                                Mark McCabe