first post

  • benrussellpa
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2002
      Hey everybody,

      This is the first post to the new group. Just to let you know,
      membership approval will be required for new members. New members
      will be moderated until they make a legitimate post, then they will be
      able to "roam free" after proving themselves legit. This will help to
      prevent spamming.

      Attached files are currently allowed. Yahoo Groups has a number of
      options available including file storage areas for photos, bookmarks,
      database info, etc. Use these features as you see fit. You might
      have to set up a profile with Yahoo Groups to access these features at
      the website (http://groups.yahoo.com/Lansdale_rails). If the group
      prefers that file attachments not be allowed (preventing virus
      transmission), I will turn off that feature.

      I plan to be very hands off...only approving new members and their
      initial posts. If anyone else would also like moderator ability, let
      me know.

      For some pertinent info, I noticed that the road crossing at Sterigere
      Street in Norristown (Stony Creek line) has been rehabbed. This makes
      my commute more pleasant in the morning!

      Here's the list of email addresses I have already subscribed to this
      group (if I am missing any, let me know):

      71204.2404@...
      archduke@...
      benandchrisie@...
      Benchj9@...