RE: SEPTA's newest engine (or at least new to them)

  • glennk419
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2013
      Thank you for your commentary, Steve. I was expressing an opinion, not looking for a critic. --- In lansdale_rails@yahoogroups.com, <csxt8785@...> wrote: Septa doesn't care about which side was Reading and which side was PRR, to them it is the regional rail network and NS 2102 is an engine which will be put to work where needed, you comment about them using sense and keeping it to the Reading side, that is in reality very unsensible, although i understand what you mean, from a railfan point of view it will be nice to see an Ex Reading engine back on her home rails of the Ex Reading railroad

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Sep 1, 2013, at 10:35 AM, < glennk419@... > wrote:

      > Hopefully they will have enough sense to run her on her "home" rails on the RDG side of the system. --- In lansdale_rails@yahoogroups.com , <jnlcubed@...> wrote: Believe that NS handed off SW1001 2102 to SEPTA this morning at Kalb, presumably leased for leaf season.

    • Joe
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2013
        I saw the 2102 at Abrams while working Q191 through there on Friday night.  SEPTA will have a little work to do on that unit before they can use it; I could see the "Cab Signal Inoperative" indicator flashing on the control stand as I passed it on my power in the yard.

        Joe

        ________________________________
        Septa doesn't care about which side was Reading and which side was PRR, to them it is the regional rail network and NS 2102 is an engine which will be put to work where needed, you comment about them using sense and keeping it to the Reading side, that is in reality very unsensible, although i understand what you mean, from a railfan point of view it will be nice to see an Ex Reading engine back on her home rails of the Ex Reading railroad

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Sep 1, 2013, at 10:35 AM, <glennk419@...> wrote:

        > Hopefully they will have enough sense to run her on her "home" rails on the RDG side of the system.    --- In lansdale_rails@yahoogroups.com, <jnlcubed@...> wrote: Believe that NS handed off SW1001 2102 to SEPTA this morning at Kalb, presumably leased for leaf season.

      • Steve
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2013
          And as it is a user contributed forum I was pointing out some facts, it is any members right to comment on threads, whether the OP of that thread likes it or not, sorry if you took it as me being a critic but that is your prerogative

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2013
            Wasn't it stored at Enola for a short time before Septa leased it? NS no doubt started to strip it for parts.

            Sent from my iPhone

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 1, 2013
              I heard it had been at Altoona, but either way, it had been stored for a while, yep.

              ________________________________
              Wasn't it stored at Enola for a short time before Septa leased it? NS no doubt started to strip it for parts.

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Sep 1, 2013, at 2:23 PM, Joe <silverliner_2@...> wrote:

              > I saw the 2102 at Abrams while working Q191 through there on Friday night.  SEPTA will have a little work to do on that unit before they can use it; I could see the "Cab Signal Inoperative" indicator flashing on the control stand as I passed it on my power in the yard.
              >
              > Joe
              >
              > ________________________________

            • JOHN AND LUCIA ALMEIDA
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 1, 2013
                2100 has been around Abrams for months and is in fine working order, sure SEPTA would much rather have gotten it instead.

                ________________________________
                I heard it had been at Altoona, but either way, it had been stored for a while, yep.

                Wasn't it stored at Enola for a short time before Septa leased it? NS no doubt started to strip it for parts.

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Sep 1, 2013, at 2:23 PM, Joe <silverliner_2@...> wrote:

                > I saw the 2102 at Abrams while working Q191 through there on Friday night.  SEPTA will have a little work to do on that unit before they can use it; I could see the "Cab Signal Inoperative" indicator flashing on the control stand as I passed it on my power in the yard.
                >
                > Joe

              • jimbeam237462
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 2, 2013
                  Option "B" was to stick a drawbar and knuckle coupler on an old city bus and outfit it with hi-rail equipment under the chassis. Be greatful for the 2102.