RE: [Lansdale] transitizing the RRD

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2013
      After seeing the cab cars that Rotem is putting out for the MBTA, it would appear that vestibule MU cars ARE still possible.  It would simply mean there would be no trap and steps on the engineer's side of the cab end, but a door would be placed there making it available for use at high platforms.  The T's Rotem cab cars have a door on the engineer's side, but no steps, so it would be high-level use only, while the conductor's side of the vestibule has a trap and steps, so in mid-train, there would still be one doorway to board from at low platforms.

      Joe

      --- On Mon, 4/15/13, mitchell@... <mitchell@...> wrote:

      Fact: We're not ever going to have vestibule MU cars any more, but that
      is due to FRA regulations, not because SEPTA wants all the cars to be
      the same.

    • Glenn Kaiser
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15, 2013
        And the newer NJT Comet cabs have NO door at all on the engineer's side of the vestibule with the Comet V also having no cab steps.