Re: [Lansdale] C746-31

  • JOHN AND LUCIA ALMEIDA
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
      They were supposed to take over the NS portion of the SCB just before the PNRR transfer but there were paperwork issues to resolve and high cars to get out of town. As it is, there are a number of high cubes "marooned" in Lansdale. Have heard that the SCB will be taken out of service for about a month while CSX fixes the Norristown end. Expect to see a lot of work down there.

      From: James Evans <jrevans@...>
      Sender: Lansdale_rails@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 23:01:55
      To: <Lansdale_rails@yahoogroups.com>

      On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 10:40 PM,  <rdc9151@...> wrote:
      > I heard that the Stony Creek will be OSS for a couple of weeks.

      Is it the NS maintained section again?

      I find it ironic that CSX runs the trains on the line, but it's
      usually the NS maintained portion which has problems....

      Jim Evans

    • James Evans
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
        Interesting.

        Do you think they are taking that over to prevent NS from interchanging with
        PNRR via Stoney Creek?

        Jim Evans

        On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 9:18 AM, JOHN AND LUCIA ALMEIDA
        <jnlcubed@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > They were supposed to take over the NS portion of the SCB just before the
        > PNRR transfer but there were paperwork issues to resolve and high cars to
        > get out of town. As it is, there are a number of high cubes "marooned" in
        > Lansdale. Have heard that the SCB will be taken out of service for about a
        > month while CSX fixes the Norristown end. Expect to see a lot of work down
        > there.

      • nprailer
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
          Jim,

          Just a guess but unless PNRR has rights over the Stony Creek that wouldn't happen. IIRC the initial plans/rumors were for PNRR to interchange on the SCB. That didn't materialize, so apparently CSX still wants part of the business, bringing strings of cars in/out of Lansdale.

          It's funny, however, that at this point CSX wants to control the whole SCB and appears to want to repair the NS end after years of dealing with derailments there.

          Mark