West and East Report

  • Ken Houseal
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2003
      I had a day off to take an elementary school trip with my son. Here
      is a fragmented from the house and from the schoolbus report.

      20E through Royersford 6:30 AM

      21E through Royersford 7:30 AM, this is the mundane train John Almeida
      reported earlier.

      An EB NS parked loaded coal train at North Abrams 8:30 AM

      The ex-NH&I SW switcher was working BFI in King of Prussia 8:45 AM

      There is an orange and yellow SW? switcher parked in Bristol on the
      Bristol Industrial (this line is part of the Baldwin powered SMS line)

      My 10 year old son finally got to see an Acela in action, 2:15 +/- PM.
      It was at a distance across Tullytown Lake. At that distance you could
      see the whole broadside of the train, neat. Now to give away my age...
      That was the area (except trackside)that I chose to watch the PRR (
      remember the PRR?) GG-1's (yep! GG-1's )pull the Robert Kennedy
      funeral train toward Washington D.C. That was in 1968. The observation
      car was the No. 120 Pennsylvania car that is now a Juniata Terminal
      car that many of you have seen. If not in person, in video, .jpg or
      mpeg. My how things have changed.

      At Bristol on the NEC, a CR shared assets local on a a bridge with a
      centerbeam lumber car and an absolutely gleaming blue Conrail GP No.?
      Sure was a pretty sight.

      At Norristown from the Turnpike bridge, an Eastbounder on the
      connecting track, best guess 14G. The time now lost to the ages.

      Septa Rte 100, 69th Street bound car at the old Route 202 station and
      another at the King Manor station.

      And finally, An EB NS parked laoded coal train at North Abrams about
      3:00 PM

      The school trip was cool too.

      Ken