Re: [Lansdale] C946 run to Lansdale

  • Septa3371CSX1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1, 2010
      Enjoy it while it lasts. A confidential source has informed me that CSX is pulling out of Lansdale. CSX is losing business and has decided to cut costs across the system.

      In its place will be NS. Most operations will be out of Abrams Yard. Local politicians have also complained about the locomotives parked in town thus expect to not see them sitting around. Also NS will become responsible for the entire Stoney Creek branch. This will be interesting to say the least. The transition should occur by the fall.

      Joe Butler

      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 1, 2010
        Would ESPN then come to Lansdale?

        This should be very interesting.

        Rick

        To: Lansdale_rails@yahoogroups.com
        From: Septa3371CSX1@...
        Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:15:22 +0000
        Subject: Re: [Lansdale] C946 run to Lansdale

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 1, 2010
          That is in fact part of the plan. They will take over the Bethlehem Branch. One thing for sure is Lansdale will be seeing lots of Thorobred Black soon.

          Joe Butler

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 1, 2010
            Oh boy. Here come the rumors again.....

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 1, 2010