Re: Craziness on SEPTA

  • Rich Reinhart
    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 1, 2008
      Jim,
      I was part of that mob scene. The trains were stopping on the
      Doylestown branch and blocked Main Street. We got off behind the Rite
      Aid on the ballast and walked to my car. It was a madhouse everywhere
      yesterday. But the parade and the day were awesome.

      Rich Reinhart

      --- In Lansdale_rails@yahoogroups.com, "James Evans" <jrevans@...>
      wrote:

      > My wife and I had dinner with friends tonight from Schwenksville who
      > attempted to take train from Lansdale. They said that traffic was
      > backed up blocks away from the trains station and the station itself
      > was a mob scene. The considered waiting, but realized that they'd
      > never make it back home in time to meet up with us.
      >
      > I told them the stories that you guys were relaying and they were
      amazed.

      > Too bad we couldn't take the express train from Quakertown, down the
      > Stony Creek line. :)
      >
      > JimE

    • J.
      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 1, 2008
        Plus the first FP7 trip; that one went to NTC and wyed between Kalb, Bridge, and Island to get the F's on the south end of the train.....

        Joe

        --- On Fri, 10/31/08, Ken Houseal <khouseal_1@...> wrote:

        Silverliner,

        The Stony Creek Rambles may have been the only time! I have really bad scans of
        photos from the Second run. Probably somewhere in the photos section of this
        website.

        Ken