15753RE: RE: [Lansdale] Lecture about Skippack - Worcester trolley

  • draughtsmon
    Oct 30, 2013

      Hi Ken, there are lots of bits and pieces of information scattered around, about that trolley line.  Been working on pulling it all together and making it presentable.  I put some of it on-line, here:

      http://www.phillytrolley.org/archaeology.html

      Mike Sz.

      ---In Lansdale_rails@yahoogroups.com, <lansdale_rails@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Mike,
       I probably can't make it to the meeting. I do need to mention that I grew up in a house across the street from a pair of bridge abutments of the trolley line in Fairview Village and other than an old paperback Montgomery County Trolley book with two pages of information and a few sentences utterred by a co-worker long deceased about his mother riding the Woggle Bug I personally have not found or seen any other information on the line. Is any of this information available on-line or by personal examination at another time? When we were kids there were stacks of ties piled there slowly rotting away in green moss and rail joiner bars that we dug out of the ballast.
      Let me know.
      Thanks.
      Ken

      To: Lansdale_rails@yahoogroups.com
      From: draughtsman@...
      Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 04:59:22 -0700
      Subject: [Lansdale] Lecture about Skippack - Worcester trolley

      Monday November 4, at 7:30 p.m., Worcester Historical Society will present the illustrated lecture: The Story of the Wogglebug Trolley.  Old photos, maps and artifacts will tell the story of the electric passenger and freight trolley service that one served Trooper, Center Point, Skippack and Harleysville.  Who built it, where did it run, whatever became of it.  And just what the heck is a Wogglebug anyway.

      Admission is free; donations graciously accepted.  At the Farmers Union Hall in Worcester, Route 363 just north of Route 73.

      Mike Sz.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic