File - Activities

  • LanguagesAndMore@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hello! Hello! Hello everyone, with warm welcomes to our newest Members!
      Click/Copy/Paste the following link to visit our updated group on the web...

      READ MESSAGES IN A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE: You may be pleasantly surprised to discover that you can understand something in a foreign language that you didn't previously understand!

      VISIT OUR DIFFERENT LANGUAGE GROUPS FOR SOMETHING NEW!
      English, Arabic, Chinese, Espa�ol, Fran�ais, Deutsch, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian ~ http://LAMI.US

      POST A MESSAGE ABOUT AN INTERESTING EVENT! ~ Unlimited Group Activities ~ Travel / Sports / Hike / Coffee / Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner / Karaoke / Beach / Clubbing / Games / etc., INVITE US!!! ~
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LanguagesAndMore/post

      Vote or create a group Poll!

      Language CHATS Voice/Cam - Reading/Writing are every weekend at ANY time and as arranged by you for a specific time zone.

      Promote our group! ~
      Copy and paste the following link to invite someone to join! ~
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LanguagesAndMore/join ~

      Let's meet safely in numbers for international and/or programming activities whenever we can for fun, diversity, and intriguing possibilities! ~ Keep us posted with exclusive updates!

      Enjoy and expand this diverse group, and add a thrill and excitement to the computer/cultural connections that we aim to achieve! ~ Find or arrange a sensational cultural or computer event and post it on our group calendar, and ALSO you should post a message to tell everyone to check the calendar.

      Read group Files for more information.

      VISIT OUR LINKS FOR MORE CHOICES
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LanguagesAndMore/links

      EMAIL ETIQUETTE
      Examples of what to include or initiate in your message posts:
      *Tips and success stories--what worked well for you that others might benefit from
      *Questions or advice on how to resolve language issues
      *News or information that you think will be useful to other Members
      *Questions or advice on how to improve site design, etc.
      *Common courtesy, respect, and the use of suitable language

      POST A COMMENT ABOUT MOST ANY TOPIC ~ We especially request bilingual messages whenever possible, for a more meaningful and substantial group that truly benefits language learners. We also ask that you list in each message/signature (if you wish) the native and foreign languages you speak or aspire to speak.

      Examples of what to refrain from including in your message posts:
      *Profanity, foul language
      *Obscenities, dirty language

      Disagreement is occasional. We may not all get along, however, let's treat one another with respect.

      We are always delighted to read new message posts from you in any language! Of course, including a translation(s) of your message for language-learners would be most greatly appreciated!

      Always edit out unnecessary information from a message to which you are responding. Edit the Subject as appropriate. Delete unimportant parts of the email you are responding to, and reply point by point. Don't hit the send button without editing/proof-reading first. At the very least please edit out advertisements and Newsletters. Edit/delete what is not necessary for the conversation to continue.

      POST BENEFICIAL LANGUAGE TIPS REGULARLY! ~ Help language learners with a language! ~ Provide helpful tips for learning languages--foreign, programming, sign, or even body languages.

      If you have a Yahoo! ID, you can easily change how you receive your email messages from this and all other Yahoo! Groups.
      * Click on the Group that you want to change
      * Click the Link "Group Member [ Edit My Membership ]"

      It is our intention to maintain a win-win group, where we all get to share ideas and photos, publicize beneficial links, and benefit from the wealth of expertise that exists among our talented and reserved Members.

      Sincerely, Lami ~
    • LanguagesAndMore@yahoogroups.com