Keys For Having A Strong Community

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2012

      Keys For Having A Strong Community

      By Imam W. Deen Mohammed

      I hope Allah doesn't take His blessings from us, but it can happen. Allah can quickly take me out of this society and raise up someone better than me elsewhere. He could give me to another people. Don't think that's impossible. Overnight I could become an Imam, a leader for a different ethnic group. Allah has intended it for us. But look at you. Those who say they saw good should respond accordingly, and that means to give due justice to what you have been told. You have to be serious at home. Some of you go back to your silly street ways before you get out this door. You don't get out the door before I hear you insulting each other, acting ugly to each other, or using the cheap, ugly language of the street - right back to slave mentality, slave-day thinking. It's a shame.

      When you leave the masjid you should leave like I leave. I leave here thanking Allah. I can't forget that quickly. In my car my mind is on Allah even though I am thinking about other things, Allah is still on my mind, this work is still on my mind. I go to sleep with this work on my mind. I wake up the next day and I have to do something for this work. If I see my children drifting away from appreciation of what we are doing, I quickly call their attention to what they are doing. Some of you watch the children going crazy - giving their minds to a bunch of cheap destructive music, or silly TV programs all day long and won't insist that they be saved from these adverse influences that take your mind and development away from what Allah wants. We never will be a strong community until you get the same kind of courage, dedication and devotion that I have.

      Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) was successful because he was given strong men like himself. They were not his equal but they were strong like him - Abu Bakr, Ali, Uthman, Omar and many others. We won't get help like that until you have the feeling I have, until you feel the pain and suffering inside because of the absence of such help. Then you will struggle like I struggle until such help arrives.

      Courtesy Provided By: