Highly Glorified Is Allah - Part 1

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2012

      Masjid Honorable Elijah Muhammed - "Jumu'ah Prayer"

      Highly Glorified Is Allah - Part 1

      By Imam W Deen Mohammed

      Dear beloved Muslims, As-Salaam-Alaikum . Highly Glorified is Allah. We seek His aid we ask forgiveness from Him. We beg goodness from Him. We trust with complete trust in Him. With the Name Allah and giving all praises to Allah, highly Glorified is He in the heavens and in the Earth. For Him is the praise, and for Him is the thanksgiving during the earliest part of the day and at the end. He is the Most Gracious in the skies and in the Earth. "There is no associate with Him, and this is a commandment on me, and I am of the Muslims."

      Allah, the Most High, Supreme and Highly Glorified, says: "The disbelievers say this day is very difficult." Dear beloved Muslims, Allah is the Creator. He says to us in the Qur'an that He is the Creator of every single thing. "Highly Glorified is Allah above all descriptions they give."

      For Him is all the praise, for Him is all thanksgiving for the very earliest periods and for the latest. I bear witness that there is nothing worthy of praise except Allah, of worship except Allah, of prayers except Allah alone. There is nothing like unto Him. And I bear witness that Muhammed is the Messenger of Allah.

      Dear beloved Muslims, Allah in the Qur'an —Highly praised is He, Highly Glorified is He, having all Might, the Most Majestic — He says: "Guard diligently the prayers, and the middle prayer." In the commentary and translation by Abdullah Yusuf, this midday prayer is reasoned to be the 'Asr Prayer — the prayer that follows the noon prayer. There is a chapter in the Quran by the name ..Asr. By reason, this prayer, might have a connection with the chapter by this name. 'Al Asr.

      People are inclined or have a tendency to get involved in their own personal interest and forget the worship of Allah during this time of the day, says A. Yusuf. The chapter 'Al Asr reads in translation: With the name Allah. Most Gracious, Most Compassionate. By the hour! Surely the humanity is in a state of loss. Except those who have true faith, and their works are righteous. And they cooperate in a mutual struggle to support Truth and Righteousness. And they cooperate in the mutual struggle to support perseverance and patience.

      Dear beloved Muslims, in the beginning of the Khutbah we offer this chapter as a thought for direction in our own minds, direction in our own thinking. By saying that the mission of every Muslim is to work - that is to work to bring all ideas, concepts, ideologies and actions to conform to what Allah has revealed to the Universal Messenger Prophet Muhammed, upon Him be the Peace and the Most Excellent Salutation.

      The Most High says in the Qur'an. "Oh you who have true faith, be a people for Allah as witnesses for justice, and do not allow your dislike or hatred for any people to cause you to swerve from justice. Do justice, it is the nearest to true piety. And reverence, Allah, indeed Allah is aware of the innermost secrets."

      With the Name Allah, and bearing witness that nothing is worthy of worship except Allah, no comparison can there be of Him. We extol Him for Muhammed and offer Muhammed the greatest salutation.

      Dear beloved Muslims, I now bring your attention to a problem in this Western culture that is a problem for us as Muslims, as well as a problem for those who live in this culture and accept the culture. There is in the history of the Christian Church an outstanding leader among them, who is called Saint Basil. This Christian leader is reported for giving an idea to the Christians of Europe, an idea to find some common ground of philosophical terminology between Church and paganism. And he taught that Christians should interpret and apply pagan principles so that they give freshness to Christian ideas. He encouraged the philosophy, "be as the honey bee," selecting pollen from every flower. "...Apply what pagan ideas say in principle to complement Christian ideas" —St. Basil.

      With this he instructed them to interpret pagan principles and concepts in the light of the Church doctrine. That contributed to a heavy influx of pagan ideas and pagan principles. Hence, pagan influences are real in the Christian culture. Unfortunately for us, most of us were raised in this culture. Most of us were raised as Christians. Those of us who did not receive Christian teachings in the Church, have received the Christian influences from culture. So whether you are a confessed Christian or not, you are a product of Christian society or Christian culture until you break with that and accept another cultural thinking.

      Praise be to Allah, the religion of AI-Islam made good sense to us. When we study Christian concept of G'd, the Trinitarian in the light of past history, we see that this Trinitarian idea has borrowed from pagan concepts. What do we mean by pagan? Pagan is the name given to idol worship, the worship of that, which is of the creation. It distinguishes it from revealed religion that promotes the worship of only the Creator.

      The basic difference between the concept of G'd for pagan ideas and the real religion is in the way they view G'd and the way we view G'd. For us, Allah is the creator of everything. For them, lie is of creation or in creation and that creation is a manifestation of Him. They see the gods as influences or spirits dwelling in the material things. Allah says in the Qur'an to open the eyes of those who have that kind of problem. "They are carefully attending their gods.

      And again Allah says of the pagan idol worship, when the idol worshipers are questioned about the worship of those idols, they say, "We don't worship these idols. They are a means for bringing us closer to the gods."

      The idol worshipers explain that the material form is a means or a medium for bringing the hidden forms to them — that the gods are communicating through the physical forms. Then the challenge is put to them: What is better, your idol that cannot see, has no eyes with which to see, no feet with which to walk, no hands — or the human Messenger that Allah chooses? Which is better?

      If you are going to have a message come to you through something, then wouldn't it make more sense that it should come through something more superior than your clay model or your iron or your stone gods? The man, the human being, Prophet Muhammed — he is the Messenger of Allah. Isn't it ridiculous that people pray to an idol that they form with their own hands and will believe that G'd will speak through that idol, but won't believe that Allah, that G'd will speak through a human being that they didn't form with their hands, that they cannot create?

      The human being is not dead and listless like idols they make. The human being is alive, feeling, moving and thinking. The human being can communicate with other humans. There can be exchange between them. Doesn't it make much more sense that Allah would choose a human being to be His conveyer, to carry His message? Not an incarnation, but the Messenger.

      When we read what Allah says in Qur'an concerning what I have just mentioned, we find that the comparison with the human being is not what some of you have made the mistake in doing. It is not a comparison between the Allah in human form and the idol gods. What a grave mistake and sin! It's a comparison between G'd's Messengers and idol gods that idol worshipers claim to be mediums through which G'd speaks.

      Some of us don't know what we are looking for and we make a mistake. This dead person who wants to follow a man-god says, "Yeah, the Holy Qur'an is saying that man is G'd." That's the trouble you get into because your hearts are not right. If your hearts were right, you wouldn't get in that trouble.