Selected Talks III - Jumu'ah Prayer

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2011

      (Date Unknown)

      Harvey Islamic Center

      Selected Talks III - Jumu'ah Prayer

      By Imam W. Deen Mohammed

      With Allah's name we begin, the praise and the thanks is for G-d, we thank Him for the gift and blessing of the model human person Muhammed (pbuh), the honorable and noble servant and Messenger of G-d and what follows of that salute or that traditional salutation to the last Prophet (pbuh), the seal of the Prophets mentioned in the Bible as it is given in the Qur'an.

      Qur'an 19.93; G-d has no son, none but servant

      "Not one of the beings in the heavens and the earth but must come to (Allah) Most Gracious as a servant."

      G-d says "No one comes to Him except as a servant," He alone is Master and G-d over creation and mankind. We witness that Muhammed (pbuh) to whom the Qur'an was revealed over 14 centuries ago is Allah's (swt) servant and His Messenger mentioned in the Qur'an as one coming to free people. To free them from false worship, to free them from all forms of enslavement or as it is given in the Holy Qur'an, "To break all the bands of servitude or slavery to any except to G-d".

      In the Qur'an this reference that I'm speaking from now it also says, "That Muhammed is the Messenger Prophet, the unlettered or uneducated in the Scriptures mentioned in the Bible in what is called the Old Testament now and the New Testament. As one coming to take the heavy yokes off the backs of the people who had been mistreated and dominated by cruel bosses and to free them as I said from all bondage or slavery except to G-d.

      Abd means slave, servant

      "Abd" is the Arabic for slave we say slave because that is English The word for slave is "Abd" in Arabic and in the Qur'an, Abdullah was the name of Muhammed's (pbuh) father that he never got acquainted with. He died before he could see him or get  acquainted with him and he was raised by his mother, his uncle and others assisting them G-d calls him "Abd". And it is understood by the learned, devoted, pious persons in this religion of Al-Islam that the best name Muhammed (pbuh) has is "Abd".

      "Abd" means servant it also meant slave, but understand that there was no such form of slavery in those days that we know of in modern history in these United States, in those days they had no such slavery, there was no kind of slavery like that. The picture of slavery generally speaking was the picture of servants and workers who made a contract with rich people. They contracted themselves out to be their workers or their servants for a certain period of time. Some of them loved their bosses or their masters so much that they said, "I would like to be with you for life," and they were servants for life.

      Slaves were usually captives of war and there was no such thing as slave as we know slave. So really if we study the term "Abd" before al Islam we find that all servants were called that by their masters of their bosses. They said master like mister, "As-sayyid" in Arabic that is translated as "The master," and the same word is used for mister. They call me As-Sayyid Wallace Mohammed, they have called me that many times in travel. So it means master but it also means mister in English and mister in English means master too.

      We should understand "Abd" this precious word, it means servant but since all people are not alike, some of them are worst in their character than others. Those bosses who were bad in their character they treated their servants very badly. But as I said that's not the general picture of servants in those days.

      Prisoners and captives of war those were enemy people fighting to kill them, so they would hold them for ransom, not the Arab only I am talking about the whole ancient world back there, the Medieval, ancient world they would hold them until their people would buy them back for ransom and they made money on them, so they wouldn't just give them up and free them. The same person you freed might come back and kill you, so they wanted to get money for them or they would kill them or they worked them as servants.

      The term slave is from the Slavic people

      The English word is slave, if you look up the term slave in the dictionary is goes back to the Slavic people, so here it comes from a whole people, the Slavs and they take a word of a race of people, an ethnic group and they give it to the whole world meaning slave. I never feel good calling myself the slave of G-d, I say it sometimes to let the audience know or whoever I'm speaking to that I'm pleased to be a slave for G-d or G-d's slave. But slave implies that I'm mistreated and G-d does not mistreat His servants, He well treats all of His servants. Even His bad servants He treats them pretty well, I know because some of you are bad and He's treating you pretty well. Scripture says He's lenient and merciful and kind to His servants this is what Allah (swt) says to us in the Qur'an.

      So how is He a master in the sense that we see in the slave masters, Allah (swt) is no slave master. The world has slave masters Allah (swt) comes to free people from slave masters and He sent His Messengers with the guidance to take them out of ignorance into knowledge and understanding so that they will see themselves above mean servitude to cruel and mean masters. They will see themselves above that and wouldn't have to depend on someone to come and liberate them. Their respect for themselves will cause them to do the thing that will liberate them, as many did in slavery knowing they would lose their lives, our fore parents rebelled Nat Turner and others knowing that they would be killed, still they rebelled to demonstrate their respect for themselves and that they would accept slavery, praise be to Allah (swt).

      Prophets broke the hold of masters over the masses

      Qur'an 76.6; Oh you servants of G-d

      "A Fountain where the servants of Allah do drink making it flow in unstinted abundance."

      So Allah (swt) has created a wonderful thing when He created a human being with a human brain and a human heart. So precious that Allah (swt) sent Prophets and Messengers, lifted them up from the earth into the skies and showed them the universe and then sent them back into the world with full knowledge of how to carry out His plan to break the hold of masters on the masses of the people. This is the history of the Prophets and servants of G-d, not just Muhammed (pbuh). Moses was a liberator and if we understand the life of Jesus Christ, peace be upon all of them, he was a liberator, he came to set free the captives, the mistreated, those denied the honor that G-d created them for.

      Some of us are more conscious of that honor than others I guess my parents made me the way I am and the way I was as a boy but I have always been conscious of that honor. Nothing meant any more to me as Muslim or being in Al Islam more than the respect for my own creation, and that it should be under G-d and not under cruel masters.

      This word "Abd" is a very precious word meaning servant of G-d, but I guess some people are comfortable translating it as slave because the person who accepts to be the "Abd" of G-d. G-d's servant accepts not to question his Master and he accepts to give his Master all, not part of himself. He gives all of himself, there is nothing he holds back from his master. So maybe in that sense we can say the "Abd" in Al Islam is the slave of G-d, but G-d is not a slave master. We give Him our all but we are giving our all to One Who loves us more than any parent can love us.

      We're giving our servitude to Him Who loves us more than any parent can love us and Who wants nothing but good for us and freedom for us. The real slave master he wants slavery for you and not freedom, but G-d wants freedom for you so much that He will hide Himself from you so you will go out on your own and save you somewhere down the road if you can be saved, that's G-d, wonderful G-d and His name in Al Islam is Allah (swt).

      Adam's creation is a story of what is being done presently

      Qur'an 2.30; I am making a khalifa in the earth

      Behold thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth."

      Every prophet was perfect for his time

      I'm leading up to something, the story of the creation of Adam is less a picture of what was and more a picture of what has to be. G-d says, "I am making" He says to the angels I am forming a khalifa in the earth. He didn't say I made, he didn't say I will make He said "I am making," presently. When did He complete the man? We believe every servant of G-d was perfect as G-d wanted that servant to be. That was Adam and all the rest He chose or made but they were perfect only in their time and the need of that time, to meet the need of that time. But time progresses and as time progresses and the world becomes bigger in the eyes of mankind then we need a bigger man with a bigger message to reach bigger circumstances. And Allah (swt) sent Prophet Muhammed pbuh at the time when the whole world was being discovered. The old world was known and the new world was already being contemplated by astronomers who were believing that the world was round and not flat.

      Those who were awakened by the Qur'an and Muhammed the Prophet (pbuh), those scholars they were the ones who introduced the world as a sphere to mankind. They traveled the globe and they knew that the earth was round and in the Qur'an there is no mentioned of any flat table earth. It gives the picture of the earth as the camel's back, a camel's back is not flat its oval shaped, praise be to Allah (swt). And it mentions the sky as a canopy, oval shape, a dome shape so it speaks of the roundness of the world and not the flatness because it was already being suspected in that time that the earth was round and not flat.

      Making man of clay means man is humble, peaceful

      Qur'an 38.71; Making man of clay

      "Behold thy Lord said to the angels: "I am about to create man from clay:"

      Mark 10.14-15; None will enter heaven except as a baby

      [14] But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. [15] Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein."

      Isaiah 11.6; A little child shall lead them

      "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the falling together; and a little child shall lead them."

      G-d says I am making or forming a khalifa in the earth. This khalifa G-d says of him I'm going to make a man, in Arabic it is pronounced "Bashir," a mortal person really it doesn't say man, of clay. In Arabic "Men teen" is to say I'm making a person meek and humble, not disagreeable. I'm making person of peace not war, I'm making a person that will respond to Me and obey Me and be influenced by My Will and accept that My will guide and shape his life and his future. This is from the Arabic word "Teen" clay.

      And in Arabic the word clay and baby are almost the same "Tafle and tifle," they have the same essential letters, characters. The letters [T.F.L] are in both of these words for baby and clay, the only thing different is the phonetic sound that is put there by (vowel) signs, the letters are not different the vowel signs are different. So the word for baby and the word for clay are the same except for vowel sign changes on the letters. Now why is that? Scripture says, "Unless you come in as babes, little children you shall not enter heaven."

      And it says babes or little children shall lead them, it doesn't mean in calendar age, it means in disposition, they will have humble, meek dispositions, they will not be over towering standing over somebody. Allah (swt), G-d that is the Most High He establishes divine choice, He doesn't leave us wondering about what is G-d's choice, what does G-d want? You study His creation and see what He has established and you will know what He wants. He loves beauty and the saints and the pious ones in Al Islam and Muhammed (pbuh) said He is beauty and He loves beauty. But can you see His beauty like you see the wall there or my body here?

      No, you see His beauty when you see His Will at work, what He has done and what He is doing, how He is shaping things and causing some things to survive other things and causing some things to rise above other things.

      And how He causes the winds and the patterns of weather to take away the ugliness of the land and dress it in beautiful plants and things that grow. And how it invites out the animals, beautiful birds and just a few ugly ones also, so He must be a G-d of beauty and loves beauty. See that's how they arrive at it, they didn't get some spooky saying in the sky that they heard where G-d started speaking, "I'm beauty and I love beauty." No, they saw His handiwork as the old thinkers said in the Old Testament, they beheld His handiworks and they came to these wonderful conclusions about the Worker, the Designer, the Artist that made it so beautiful, great and so wonderful, praise be to Allah (swt).

      So divine choice is more beautiful, it is more loving, more caring, it is meek but strong, it is higher, more refined. G-d's choice is bigger and I wonder how come the disbelievers and the ignorant are in the majority.

      The Qur'an says, "Most of them don't know they're ignorant." We should be more numerous, the believers, the good people, G-d hasn't made more people hard hearted, callous, He has made us more empathic and has made less of the people apathetic, not caring about the miserable people suffering, not feeling the hurt of others.

      Allah made man to empathize with others sufferings

      G-d has made most of us to empathize, to have empathy to see suffering and feel it, He made us to put our self in the other person's place and share the burden with them. And now you are suffering too, although you didn't have it happen to you personally what happened to them, but now you're suffering as well. See how Allah (swt) made us to pull us into their suffering? Now I'm uncomfortable too so I have an issue too with you, you have hurt this man and his hurt is on me and when enough of us are hurt we're going to do something about it, right? We're going to come to the rescue of that person who was dealt injustice. This is how Allah (swt) has made us and more of us are like that than not, so how come we don't have the great majority then standing up for right, standing up for justice?

      Allah's hand is on the group

      Al Hadith 1p.307#100: Allah's hand on the group

      Ibn 'Umar reported the Prophet (pbuh) said: "He (Allah) will not gather together my Ummah or he said (the) Ummah of Muhammed for error and the hand of Allah (swt) is over the group. And whoever becomes separate (will be) separated in the fire."

      The collective body is ultimately the voice of G-d

      Qur'an 81.28-29; There is no willing except by Allah

      28. (With profit) to whoever among you wills to go straight.

      29. But ye shall not will Except as Allah wills The Cherisher of the Worlds.

      We are the minority in number because we have been misguided by the satan and his followers, he misguides the good people. So he robs us of our numbers, they're still human, they're still kind natured, but he has overpowered them, influenced them to go astray to go away from their nature, to be in opposition to their own nature.

      So they join him in spreading cruelty instead of kindness making the world miserable instead of making it comfortable and pleasant, they join him. But they are not really his, he has stolen them from humanity, he has stolen them from G-d. That means it is possible that we can get them back, it possible that we can get a majority and the great civilized nations they believe in majority. They believe that the majority's will is good and they are not believing something that others before didn't believe. In Al Islam it says, "G-d control is on the group," it is on the community not on individuals. That means the collective body is ultimately the voice of G-d

      Civilized nations respect the will of the people, the will of a nation, if they determine that the position that their nation has taken expresses the will of the people they respect it. Although other interests may cause them to violate what they respect, they do respect it, they acknowledge that it is the will of the people. And those who want to keep a cruel control or cruel hand over the people or on the people they will confuse those outside and make them think that the people's will is different from what it really is, but in time the truth is made known and the will of the people has to be recognized.

      Your individual will is only by G-d's permission

      G-d says "Il-laa an shaa-al-laahu" translated in Arabic it is, "You shall not well except as Allah wills," we cannot do anything, we cannot have it our way except as G-d wills. G-d wills that we be human beings like we are, G-d wills that we have the life we have and the privileges we have etc.. G-d has willed that and it couldn't be any other way because that is G-d's Will. What you think is your will carried out maybe true but more importantly it is also G-d's will carried out because nothing can happen except as G-d wills. This is Scripture, this is the Qur'an and other Scriptures too. Nothing can happen except as G-d wills, praise be to Allah (swt)..

      Man is Muslim by birth, but makes himself internally by conscience

      Qur'an 38.71; Making man of clay

      "Behold thy Lord said to the angels: "I am about to create man from clay:"

      G-d says "I am forming a mortal from clay, a meek spirited person, meek minded person, a person of humble nature, that's a Muslim. One meek and humble that's a Muslim, that's what Muslim means, meek, humble, submissive those are words that carry the same meaning, he's meek, he's humble, he's submissive they carry the same meaning. Now we know some people are submissive because they can't help it their life is threatened so they have to submit, but that's not the Muslim, the Muslim is one who is submissive because he orders himself to be that way.

      He has made himself Muslim consciously, G-d made him a Muslim by nature when he was born of his mother, meek, humble not defiant, not protesting, not challenging. The baby doesn't come here challenging his mother, protesting what she wants to do for him. When something is bothering him if he is dirty, wet he is not comfortable he cries but he cries for mama to take care of him. And he may become impatient, she's not coming fast enough and he becomes irritated and even angered by mama not attending to him right away. But as soon as she attends to him, he hugs her he wants to put his head on her, he rest comfortably in her arms, that's the nature G-d made. Not somebody always on the alert to challenge, to protest something, that's not a Muslim

      Muslims goes to war against cruelty, injustice

      The Muslim is positioned to want peace, positioned to want to have agreement and not disagreement and the Muslim disagrees because something is against peace, something is against justice. The Muslim has honorable cause to protest, to refuse, to rebel, to disagree, to challenge, he's fighting to restore the order of peace and justice so that things are right, treatment is right and human beings are free from cruelty and cruel masters.

      This is the only reason why the Muslim goes to war. He doesn't go to war because he wants to impose his will on somebody, he never wants to impose his will on anybody. The Muslim wants to see what is G-d's Will and then he wants to impose G-d's will upon himself if he has to he accepts it willing. But if he has to he will impose G-d's Will upon himself, but never does he want to impose his will upon anybody else, this is a Muslim.

      Iblis chose to be self willed, not to obey G-d's will

      Qur'an 81.28-29; There is no willing except by Allah

      28. (With profit) to whoever among you wills to go straight.

      29. But ye shall not will Except as Allah wills The Cherisher of the Worlds.

      Qur'an 7.12; Iblis You made me from fire

      (Allah) said: "What prevented thee from bowing down when I commanded thee?" He said: "I am better than he: thou didst create me from fire and him from clay."

      Again I repeat the Qur'an says "Il-laa an shaa-al laahu,"translated "You shall not will except as Allah wills," this is no new expression, this is in the Bible in many places. Unlike the angels Iblis was leading, Iblis when challenged to make a decision on his own, Iblis chose to be self willed and not to obey G-d's will, not to be guided by G-d's will, not to be influenced by G-d's will he chose to be self willed. He took pride in being self willed. A self willed person is a stubborn person and although he was in the presence of G-d and G-d's order was in his face he was so overcome by the self willed condition in himself that he didn't even see that he was being out of line, out of order in refusing what G-d wanted. He was think, "I'm a friend I know better for You than You know for yourself G-d. You are choosing to make this mortal of the water, earth and, mud, this inferior stuff to me, You made me of fire."

      Iblis made himself satan

      Qur'an 7.16-17; Iblis will assault believers

      16. Iblis said: "because Thou hast thrown me out of the way lo! I will lie in wait for them on Thy straight way.

      17. "Then will I assault them from before them and behind them from their right and their left: nor wilt Thou find in most of them gratitude (for Thy mercies).

      Qur'an 32.7; Allah made everything good

      "He Who has made everything which He has created most Good. He began the creation of man with (nothing more than) clay."

      Iblis said, "Now You're making this mortal of Your's out of mud, he said stinky mud, foul mud fashioned into shape." So he challenges G-d he sticks to his challenge, he's stubborn and he says ok well I'm going to prove myself right and You wrong. He doesn't quite put it that way but that's exactly what he was saying, and he said I'm going to go about deceiving this man You made. I have a plan to deceive him and I'm going to trick them and deceive them and bring them out of Your graces. You will only get those that You give Your personal attention to, that's what he said in some many words.

      He said I'll get all except Your elect, that is to say I'll get all except those who You are giving Your personal attention to. So the reason why I won't get them G-d is not that they are made right, it is that You are protecting them, that was his position. So here is a creature made by G-d, G-d made him a jinn didn't He? G-d created men and Jinn this is what Allah (swt) tells us in Qur'an and Iblis was a jinn.

      So here is a creature rebelling against G-d his Creator, his Maker and taking himself out of the nature G-d created for him and making himself a devil, shaytan. Somebody said "G-d made the devil," you clear up your head brother. No G-d never made anything bad, both Bible and Qur'an says all that He made was good

      Kabir means big. Akbar means bigger. Istakbara means he made himself big

      So that excludes the devil he is not good and G-d did not make him, he made himself and you made yourself too, you know who I'm talking to. G-d didn't make you like that, you made yourself. Allah (swt) says of Iblis He said "When he refused" in Qur'anic Arabic, "Abaa was stakbara" it means he rejected, he refused and was puffed up with pride, he became bigoted. The word is from a word meaning to become big. Kabir means big, Akbar means bigger, istakbar means he made himself big. Iblis he was in opposition and he was bigoted.

      Racism comes from Iblis

      Racism comes from Iblis, the same attitude that Iblis had when G-d says "I'm going to make a mortal," not from noble parents but I'm going to make him from mud, from the common ground, earth.

      And they were in the high order in the heavens and they looked down on what G-d was going to make. But G-d chose common ground, earth to use it to make His man. He was not made from the jewels of the mountains, no he wasn't made of gold, not even of silver, no diamonds, no precious stones, just ordinary common earth that is found down here where all of us are and He made His man. And Iblis didn't like it because G-d was saying, "This man is going to be given charge in the earth. He's going to be responsible to Me for all the things I have made in the earth including himself and his family, he will be responsible to Me."

      The story of Iblis means man not to be ruled by dictators

      G-d is saying in this Revelation concerning the creation of man, this is given to say to us G-d created man not to be ruled by dictators and big bosses or noble men who stand above the common people and put the common people under their boots or under their feet, this is what this is all about.

      The story of the creation of this man is to teach you G-d created common people to be free and to be ruled under a just rule that includes them and ultimately G-d will respect their voices, not the voice of dictators or any noble man who will claim some kind of right of nobility to dictate to them what their life should be on this earth. G-d has always made us free from the very beginning of creation free to take our lives into our own hands and vote in or elect persons that we think are fit to judge us and be fair to us and treat us with respect that G-d gave us when He made us. This religion is all about freedom that is why Mr. Fard didn't have time to teach you and the world was not ready for him to teach you, they wouldn't have permitted him to teach you. They would have called him an outsider, a trouble maker and exported him or killed him, but he said I'm going to do a lot of damage with a few words, he said "Islam is freedom, justice and equality." I thought I would have been through with this a long time ago.

      The chosen then and to be are the meek and the humble, so Allah (swt) is saying "I'm not going to have the earth under spirits like yours Iblis, proud, arrogant, father of racism. The one that I choose to give the responsibility to for keeping the order that I want on the earth is the meek, the humble, the one made of clay that will not resist the potter's hand shaping it. "That's G-d's hand, G-d's control shaping it but will just yield to it, not resist at all, like a baby in the arms of its mother.

      Bashirun means man is sensitive

      I'm making a mortal from clay in Arabic "Bashirun" and translated "A mortal," it means he's sensitive, he has feeling, he's not insensitive. He feels the hurt of others, he doesn't like cruelty, it hurts him, he's a sensitive mortal, this is not just a mortal, this is a mortal with feelings, the word "Bashir." And this same mortal is meek , humble before

      G-d, not proud and arrogant and defiant like Iblis. He is going to make him a good news bringer and the word is just changed a little bit from "Bashar" to make the word say good news bringer, "Basheer."

      My "Bashar" mortal is going to be a "Basheer" a good news bringer, that tells us the news is the news of himself because he's the "Bashar" and when he gives good news he's giving it as a "Basheer." So he's a Messenger of G-d, but he also is a messenger of himself. He's brings the world the message of his own good nature, but he didn't discover it alone, G-d guided him to the best of his nature. As Abraham says, "I was wronging myself," surely I have been unjust to my own self. I had to discover You G-d, You're the best to guide, none can guide except You. And in another place in the Qur'an it says, "If we had not been guided by You G-d we would never found guidance."

      The good news is the excellent quality of man's nature

      So he's actually a news bringer bringing the good news of himself. But what is the good news of himself? The good news of himself is the good news of the common mortal, not a high nose, high up, not educated in the high towers of academia. Not educated but an unlettered, common person claiming no nobility nor superiority over others, the masses. Will the upper class bring the good news of man's true quality, man's true values, as a human being as a creation? No, they are not going to bring the good news of his universal qualities, of his universal value.

      If this nature was not in the noble person, the noble person would never rise. The noble person hides his schemes; he hides his cruelty to get even his friends among the nobles to say, "Yes we want him to be our leader." They didn't take him only because he had science and knowledge and great history and a great past, no, they took him because they saw a decent person, they saw a quality human being. He will pretend to be if he is not because he knows if he doesn't he won't be elected by them. So he says, "My buddies you know me, you know I'll break the heads of the son of a guns and I punish them and I will burn their towns, but you know me I'm your brother and I love my family. You know how I love my children and I love my brothers, come brother give me a hug.

      So they were sold that part of him and they bought it because he had strength to do the things that they wanted him to do as the leader. And many times that person who got the consent or the support of noble men in his company becomes so cruel, so powerful, mighty and cruel that the noble men hate the fact that they ever supported him and they want to kill him, poison him. do anything to get rid of him but it is too late, they have let him go too far.

      Qur'an 17.70; Adam's sons are all honorable

      "We have honored the sons of Adam; provided them with transport on land and sea; given them for sustenance things good and pure; and conferred on them special favors above a great part of Our Creation."

      Forty Hadith p.64#17; Excellence in everything

      Abu Ya'la Shaddaad ibn Aus reported the Prophet (pbuh) he said "Allah (swt) has prescribed excellence in all things..."

      So the good news bringer is really a bringer of the good news that all people are honorable by the virtue of their creation that G-d gave or that G-d did. If G-d created him he was created honorable in Arabic "Laqad kar-ramnaa bani Adam" means certainly we honored all the sons or the children of Adam. Every human being is born honorable.

      The noble one is truest to nature created by G-d

      Muhammed the Prophet (pbuh) he said, "Kataballah ehsaan alaa kulli shay" translated G-d has inscribed or written beauty and excellence for everything." So if anyone thinks that a black man is ugly beside a white man you don't know this religion. You think that a black man is inferior mentally to a white man you don't know your religion.

      This religion tells us that nobility is the common gift or common creation of all people. And the noble one is not the one who has the power or was born of big shots or the high class people, the noble one is the one who is truest to the nature created by G-d.

      Qur'an 25.63; Servants of G-d walk humble

      "They are those who walk on the earth meekly and when the ignorant address them they say "Peace!."

      The Muslim nature, the meek nature, the humble nature, the Qur'an says calls them, "Ebaadullah" the servants of G-d. And in Arabic the Qur'an also says "Al-ladheena yamshuuna alaal arde haunan wa edhaa khaatabahumul jaaheluuna qaaluu salaaman." Translated "They are those who walk on the earth meekly, humbly. And when they run into the disbelievers, the ignorant they say peace." Those are peace loving people, they are not looking for an occasion to go to war and beat somebody up, it didn't say "When they meet the ignorant" it means meet them and are insulted by them, offended by them, made uncomfortable by them, that's what it means.

      They don't go to war with them they say peace, salaam because they are peace lovers, they are Muslims, their religion is peace, their greeting is peace, their name is peace, they are the prophesied ones in the Bible. And some of you preachers you know what it says of the meek, the Muslims.

      Allah is constantly making His khalifa

      Qur'an 2.30; I am making a khalifa in the earth

      So its important to know what G-d is telling us, going back to what I said in the beginning G-d used the present form of the word "I am making or forming a mortal and in another place a Khalifa in the earth." What does that tell us? That man's life is continuous. I made the first man and I'm constantly making that first man all the time. If he was lost in year one he was found in some other year. He yielded to the hands of the Potter and the Potter made him new all over again and He's constantly making His khalifa, that's why its in the present tense all the time.

      Allah teaches man

      Qur'an 2.282; Allah teaches man

      "So fear Allah; for it is Allah that teaches you"

      Qur'an 3.28; But Allah warns you (to remember) Himself

      "And Allah warns you with His soul."

      It doesn't mean for us to think back there all the time, no that present tense is to tell us G-d is all the time making His man. So you say "Well after Muhammed (pbuh) the complete man why is it necessary to make His man over again?" Well maybe we should ask Muhammed (pbuh) since he's that man we're talking about. He spoke of the last days and he said that there will come one that G-d will teach Himself, this is what Muhammed (pbuh) said this is in the Hadiths. He said G-d will teach him Himself. G-d will be his teacher. G-d is always our teacher some of us just don't know it and if you are of good nature and you turn to G-d or you're guided to seek G-d and you seek G-d as you were guided to, G-d will actually teach you Himself. The Qur'anic Arabic is "Wa yuhadh-dherukumul laahu nafsahu," translated and it is G-d, Himself who warns you. It did not say through angels, it did not say through a man, this is Qur'an. Everyone of you all has been taught by G-d and there is not a human being living that hasn't been taught something by G-d, not by a man. G-d, Himself taught you something that you could not have gotten elsewhere. It was only because of G-d in your life that you got what you have.

      I don't care if you are a criminal; G-d has taught you something. There is not a human being living that G-d hasn't taught something from Himself. G-d has spoken to you Himself if you're living, you're a human being G-d has spoken to you Himself, you say might say, "I didn't hear Him." I know you didn't you dumb bell, you don't respect knowledge, you don't respect intelligence, you don't respect goodness, so you don't even know G-d has been talking to your dumb ass and my tongue is clean. G-d knows my tongue is cleaner than Fuller's soap and its washing you right not buddy, I'm giving you a cleaning. If I say to people G-d didn't guide me and G-d hasn't told me things and G-d hasn't made me to know things, I would be untruthful and that's the One I sought all my life since I was a little boy. And I'm the man I am now because He answered me, then should I hide that.

      Those things in scripture would not have been written for all times if it was not very important and if there was not a risk of us losing that perception of G-d. That's why Muhammed (pbuh) said that because there will be those who will tell us. "No we can't get anything from G-d anymore, the door is closed." Because they want to be your masters, they want to say there is nothing left but this Qur'an and Muhammed's (pbuh) sunnah and there are so many version, stories about his sunnah. They say "Oh no you can't get any guidance." G-d guides whom so ever He pleases. This is G-d speaking in Qur'an, He guides whom so ever He wills to guide. Some people will say, "Oh the Imam is saying Allah (swt) guides him." You are right and I say it to you dumb brute He guides you too, but you just ignore His guidance and you won't acknowledge His guidance. I love His guidance I acknowledge it, I love it.

      Jesus was baptized by John, a greater man goes to lesser for service

      Mark 1.9; Jesus was baptized by John

      "And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan."

      The chosen are the meek, the humble, the submissive. In the Christian Bible Christ Jesus says to John the Baptist, peace be upon both of them, "Baptize me John." Now here is a greater going to a lesser for service. That is a meek man, a man of meek and humble nature, he said "Baptize me John, I'm not to big or proud to be baptized by you John. You're the baptizer, baptize me John. "He didn't see himself towering over John, if that was some of us you wouldn't go to the less in rank and say "Perform the ritual over me, clean me." You would be stinking and passing right by. "Oh he is saying Jesus was stinking." Maybe he was who knows because human beings throw off odors and none are so pure that they don't give off an odor especially if they don't wash. The Bible said Jesus was purified and the Qur'an said He was made pure by G-d, but he had no purity until G-d gave it to him, G-d made it. He had no spirit to reject another servant and to put himself in a lesser position to receive that service.

      How many of us in our prided pictures of ourselves can step down and put ourselves in a position of less importance to another person and feel good getting their assistance and their service? You don't know everything, the president of the United States has a superior, if its nothing but the cook that knows how to prepare his food better than he can prepare it, he has a superior. And the presidents of the United States when they have a good cook they are so kind and respectful to those cooks, "Good morning Mary, when will breakfast be served." Not "Good morning Mary you got my breakfast ready? Girl get in there and get something started." That kind of dumb nut can't go to the presidency of the United States. He will never get up there.

      The meek are made the chosen and believe me we are never without friends if we are right, G-d gives friends from Muslims and non Muslims. I was at the bank and an old acquaintance of mine, a Muslim from the Nation of Islam and from us to he's with us to my knowledge. I always admired him from a distance I never knew him close up and I think he admired me from a distance too. And he saw me just as I was in my common nature and common life that I don't hide and he was a security man for the Hon. Elijah Muhammed.

      And when I was put out of the Nation of Islam and he told me the Hon. Elijah Muhammed inquired about me, he said and there were others around too including himself he said "Have any of you seen my son Wallace?" And some other person spoke and he said, "And how is he doing? And they said, "He's doing bad." So he said "I couldn't hold myself he said, "I said to the messenger he might have not look good in his dress, but he looked good." That's what he told my father. I don't know what they meant I don't care how much hard times I was having I always wore clean clothes not dirty clothes and I tried to make myself presentable. I didn't look like a banker, suit, tie and white shirt, I didn't dress like that and still don't. I dress like that for the occasion.

      But what I noticed was when he walked up to me and he stayed talking to me for about a minute and a gentleman stepped out of another car, an African American and walked up and he said "As Salaam Alaikum brother Imam", he said "Is everything alright?" I said yes everything is alright, I said I'm just talking to my old friend, an old acquaintance here and after he was comfortable he went back and got in his car.

      Now that hasn't happened to me once, that happens to me on several occasions and sometimes it's not a Muslim it's not even an African American, a white man has come up and spoke to me. I was in the movie once and the white man I guess he thought he was with some other white men too I guess he thought I was exposed because he knew me. He said "Mr. Mohammed" and he told his friends who I was and he said "Is everything ok?" I said yes everything is okay.

      Angels write deeds in our being

      Qur'an 50.17; Angels record your deeds

      "Behold two (guardian angels) appointed to learn (his doings) learn (and note them) one sitting on the right and one on the left."

      Qur'an 24.24; Hands, feet speak out against you

      "On the Day when their tongues their hands and their feet will bear witness against them as to their actions."

      You have angels protecting you, all of you according to the teachings of Al Islam. G-d has assigned to all of us angels they are there to protect us and there to record our behavior, they write it into our own being so when we're resurrected our own being will speak out against us. The Bible says and the members of your body will speak out against you in the judgment, "He lied with me, he misused me, he stole with his hand etc," praise be to Allah (swt). The meek will inherit the earth.

      Qur'an 7.32; Who said the gifts are not for My servants

      Say: Who hath forbidden the beautiful (gifts) of Allah which He hath produced for his servants and the things clean and pure (which He hath provided) for sustenance? Say: they are in the life of this world for those who believe (and) purely for them on the Day of Judgment. Thus do We explain the signs in detail for those who understand."

      Matthew 5.5; Meek shall inherit the earth

      "Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth".

      G-d says "Who has said to My worshipers the goods of this world is not for them?" To the contrary they are for them in this life and exclusively for them in the hereafter, this is what G-d says. This is a challenge given I4 hundred years ago when the world was not Democratic, but obviously there were people, bosses in religion who were taking advantage of the weak, the poor and the uneducated and telling them the wealth of the world is not for you, you're created for poverty and to work for us. And you know the history of the work force, if you study it, it will make you shed tears how some so-called civilized societies treated workers so badly, the worst was what we know of slaves except I would say the worst conditions for the slaves in the time of our enslavement. Because some of us didn't have it bad many slaves had it good under their masters in this country.

      You might say, "How can any slave have it good?" Yes they had it good, some of you would be better off in bondage right now, you would have a more honorable life if somebody would just take you and be your master and make you do what you're supposed to do, but G-d wants you free so I have to accept that.

      There are always those meek and humble, like little babies, great men of soul and intellect, spirit and heart and women they are with us all the time. Some of you right here, you are here today and some of are G-d's angels and some do not know they are angels. But G-d uses them as His angels.

      Qur'an 2.62; On them shall be no fear nor grief

      "Those who believe (in the Qur'an) and those who follow the Jewish (Scriptures) and the Christians and the Sabians and who believe in Allah and the last day and work righteousness shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear nor shall they grieve.'

      It is that group of meek and humble Muslims in the real sense not in name only because many wear the name that they don't deserve. G-d has them preparing the world for His coming order the kingdom of G-d. So we should be happy, if you know these things like I do you you'll be happy nothing can take away your peace. Nothing can take away my peace, if I would be mobbed by a bunch of savages and they would beat me into bloody waste matter G-d knows that my soul would be at peace while they're beating me I'll have peace in my soul, I won't be disturbed in my soul, I'll be at peace in my soul.

      G-d says for them there shall be no fear and no grief, it doesn't mean you won't be made afraid sure I can be made afraid, that's kind of difficult though, but I can be made afraid. I have some that try it on me occasionally, its difficult but I can be made afraid, but what does it means? It doesn't mean that you can't be made afraid, you're a mortal, we're common mortals, we're flesh and blood. We can be made afraid but it means the one who is constantly in remembrance of his Lord he or she when they are made afraid instantly they reflect on their G-d. And the fear of G-d does away with the fear of the world.

      Fear came but it wasn't strong enough to disturb their peace, the peace stayed and G-d came in to assure that peace will stay for that soul, praise be to Allah (swt). Now there are not many like that just a few, but we don't need many like that just like we don't need many suns in the heaven, just one sky for the whole earth, praise be to Allah (swt). So we should be happy, it says be rejoiceful.

      Judgment is daily for individuals and last day is for all of mankind

      Know that judgment day is always here, that's what the learned in Al Islam has taught us the Scholars and the learned members of the Ulemah and pious leaders, they have taught us that judgment is at all times for the person living, judgment day is all the time. The final day is not for individuals it is for the community of mankind, that's the final day of .Judgment. It is when the community of mankind all witness the judgment at the same time and they know judgment has arrived. That will be the final day for earth and mankind, but G-d as He has given us life individually He's also judging us individually all the time. And judgment is coming on us all the time. When you understand that your life is so much more peaceful.

      Wealth Allah gives and takes away from you

      Someone can steal from you and it won't hurt you like it hurt you before you came to that understanding. You will say "Well G-d has control of everything and if He wanted me to have that I would have it and if He wants him to have it then that's G-d's will. I can't get it back if I caught up with him I would take him to court, I would find out if it is G-d's Will." But since I can't find him I accept it as G-d's Will, I hope he spends it wisely, I hope it takes care of some of his dependent ones. It changes you so the hurt doesn't hurt any more, praise be to Allah (swt). It doesn't mean you became a weakling, that's why I said if I could find him I would take him to court and the court might be in my back yard, but I'm not going to worry about it. You can suffer no lost except as G-d wills and you will have no gain except as G-d wills, this is the teachings of the Prophets, praise be to Allah (swt).

      Qur'an 76.6; Oh you servants of G-d

      Qur'an 2.186; Tell My servants I am near

      "When my servants ask thee concerning Me I am indeed close (to them); I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me; let them also with a will listen to My call and believe in Me; that they may walk in the right way."

      G-d calls us His servants, He says to us, "Ya ebaadul-laah" how wonderful G-d is, translated "Oh servants of G-d, He says it many times in the Qur'an and He makes it very personal translated by saying oh My servants." And He says to Muhammed (pbuh) "If My servants ask about Me tell them I am near.

      Qur'an 50.16; Allah closer to man that his jugular vein

      "It was We who created man and We know what dark suggestions his soul makes to him: for We are nearer to him than (his) jugular vein."

      Qur'an 8.24; Allah is between a man and heart

      "Know that Allah cometh in between a man and his heart and that it is He to whom Ye shall (all) be gathered."

      Tell them I am near, close by, what a wonderful G-d. Now you either believe or you don't believe I believe that G-d is at all times close by and how close is He? He's closer to you than your own jugular vein. And where is He? He hovers between the mortal and his heart. He is inside here the body, and He's also outside here because He is "Qareeb," He is outside there and He's inside here.

      The face of G-d means He's attending your needs

      Qur'an 2.115; Find the face of Allah wherever you turn

      "Which ever way you turn your face there you will find the face of G-d,"

      Allah (swt) says wherever you are turn your face towards the sacred House and there you will find the face of G-d,"

      It means the presence of G-d, G-d is giving you His attention, that is what it means, because if you find the back of G-d that means He is ignoring you. You find the face of G-d it means He is ready to give you attention, attending your needs. G-d says, "My servants" and He told Muhammed (pbuh) if My servants ask about Me tell them I'm near, I hear the cries or the calls of the crier, tell them to respond to My call." Isn't that wonderful? Allahu Akbar.

      The praise and thanks is to G-d, the Lord and Sustainer of all the worlds, we witness that He is one and we witness that Muhammed (pbuh) is His Servant and His Messenger and we ask the choicest blessing be upon him, the last of the Prophets the seal of the Prophets G-d's humble, perfect Muslim and perfect human, Muhammed (pbuh). We thank Allah (swt) for him we know he is our leader, he's our guide, he's our liberator and G-d sent him in the world to liberate us.

      We were once the whole of our people called blacks or African Americans the whole of us were slaves at one time in this country and now Al Islam has come to us by a strange route and we are now in the religion, we are clear heads following it as it was followed by the sincere ones all over the world. Don't you know that is not a small thing that has happened?

      Qur'an 33.46; Prophet is bright lamp

      "And as one who invites to Allah's (Grace) by His leave and as a Lamp spreading Light."

      I believe G-d prepared us to want this religion for all the good r

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)