Taqwa Is In Man Before He's Created

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2011

      11/21/2002

      Ramadan Session

      Taqwa Is In Man Before He's Created

      By Imam W. Deen Mohammed

      Taqwa is in man before he's created

      The end goal is to please G-d and it is in us from the very beginning. It is that Taqwa that G-d created us with, formed in us in the very beginning. With the creation of our life in our mothers, Taqwa is there.  In fact, Taqwa is there before even the life germ is formed.  When the life germ is formed it forms of the matter created by G-d. And the matter created by G-d has also Taqwa. Taqwa is in nature of everything G-d created, not just in human nature.

      QUR'AN 4.1; Reverence G-d and the family ties

       "Reverence Allah through Whom ye demand your mutual (rights) and (reverence) the wombs (that bore you): for Allah ever watches over you."

      Taqwa, we call it reverence, respect. We call it G-d consciousness. We call Taqwa by all of these names. If you use the verb form, "It-taqi," it means have regard for, to reverence.  This, sometimes, is reverence. Sometimes, it's regard. How do we know? I speak not from anything but what G-d has revealed. You can be guaranteed that. I do not speak from anything except what G-d has revealed. My attachment is not to myself or my knowledge or anything I want for myself. My attachment is only to what G-d wants, to His Word, be assured of that.

      This Taqwaa, G-d says, "It-taqel-lah" have this reverence for G-d.  Regard G-d with the respect due Him and G-d says, "Wal Arham," and also the close family ties, or the wombs, literally, the wombs that bore you.  But it means the close family ties, a metaphorical or picture description that can best be expressed as the close family ties.

      Al Hadith 1p.180#1; 1p.236#121;

      Mother love three times then father

      Abu Hurairah reported a man asked the Prophet (pbuh) `Who is the most proper for my good association?' "Your mother", he replied. Then he asked, "Who is next?" "Your mother", he replied. Then he asked, "Who is next?" "Your mother", he replied. Then he asked, "Who is next?"  "Your father and then your nearest relatives."

      We started off with the raw expression, but it is kind of raw to say "the wombs of your mother". And reverence the close family ties. The closest of family ties is what?  Mother, not father. Mother first.  How do we know this?  Muhammed the Prophet (pbuh), he was asked by a young man who wanted to know who should he answer when both his needy parents are calling on him, asking him to help them.  Muhammed, the Prophet (pbuh), said, "Your mother", and he asked again. He said, "Your mother". And he asked for a third, and Muhammed, the Prophet (pbuh), said, "And your father." He finally said, "Your father'.

      That was to say, your obligation is more important to your mother than to your father. You owe her a little more than you owe your father.  And a woman will tell you that. A wife or a mother will tell you that. "I will take the skin off of your little black ass. You don't know how I suffered with you."  I just gave you what I heard. I didn't want to change it. I thought it was really effective the way I heard it. And that's exactly what she said, "I will take the skin off of your little black ass."  She meant, with a belt, she would whip you so much that the skin would break. The obligation is first to our mother.

      Reverence G-d and the wombs that bore you, or more refined, reverence G-d and the close family ties and the closest, the first of them is the mother, then the father and then close members to you. It doesn't stop there, your aunts, your uncles, your brother, your sister. In fact, your brothers and sisters will come before even your uncle and your aunts.

      Your brothers and your sisters from your father and your mother, then uncles and your aunt, then you get farther away. The close family ties. It would be best to keep the immediate family in mind; but, also, the brothers and sisters of your mother and father, if they are in the family, because many times they stay in the same house.

      One of them will be in the same house, like it was for us at one time.  If they are in the house, then you have to give them that kind of reverence, regard, too, because they are in the house.

      Now sometimes they don't deserve it, because of the bad condition of their soul. When I say soul, I mean the whole life, mind, habits, everything.  Because of the bad condition of their soul, they can't be given the affection that we should give them.  But even though they are not earning our affection, we have to always keep a certain amount of regard, respect for them. I don't care if the person is drugged, or the person is drunk, or the person is criminal, that is your relative. Keep a certain amount of respect for them.  And many times that respect will have a better affect on them to make them become better than your being critical, rejecting them and throwing bad things at them all the time.

      QUR'AN 31.15; Parents bid shirk don't but be kind to them

      "But if they strive to make the join in worship with Me things of which thou hast no knowledge obey them not; Yet bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration) and follow the way of those who turn to Me (in love): in the End the return of you all is to Me and I will tell you the truth (and meaning) of all that ye did."

      G-d obligates us to have respect for our close relatives beginning with our mother. And of the parents G-d says, "If they try or give you something for which you don't find a knowledge baseĀ…It means in your own religion, you can't find it in Qur'an. You can't find it in the life of Muhammed (pbuh), his teachings, etc., anything to support what they are trying to impose upon you.  And it is addressing shirk, like we're Muslims from Christian families. We might have a parent who just wants to insist that we believe that Christ Jesus is also G-d. That is shirk.  What does Allah (swt) say to us for situations like that?

      He says, "Do not obey them in that, that you know is against what Allah (swt), G-d, has revealed in what He has given us in Muhammed, the Prophet (pbuh).  But keep good company with them in this life. That's very serious.

      We should take that to heart and try to keep good relationship with our Christian close relatives who are trying to impose their beliefs on us. Don't fight them. Don't argue with them. You should never argue with your parents.  You might say, "Well, you rejected your father." Rejection does not necessarily mean arguing. Never was I arguing. There is nobody here and I mean there are people here that knew my relationship with my father. When I was having problems with what he taught us, it was personal what he taught me.  I wasn't looking for an audience. I was dealing with what was bothering me. And some of my close relatives and friends knew it and it got out.

      So there are some here who knew me. Sister Margaret Husain is here. Could you stand up beautiful lady? This is a pious woman. She has been that way even before she became a follower of my father. She came to him because she was that kind of person.  Have you ever seen me argue with my father?  Have you ever seen me looking like I wanted to be angry with him?  Thank you.

      It was personal and impersonal at same time.  It was a personal need in me and it was impersonal because this is a matter that is decided by G-d, not by you daddy, not by me. When he rejected me and put me out, do you think that meant we were not on a friendly terms? I never felt that way. I knew the law of the Nation of Islam, that I was not supposed to contact anybody in the Nation of Islam and that's with my family once I'm rejected, put out. But I said to myself, "I've got to respect what is in my heart.  And if he lets me break this rule, it is going to be broken."

      So I would write him letters. I would send him a letter. I didn't accept that there be no communication. That was the rule, but I wrote him letters. And I picked times to write him letters when I thought he read it.

      Just before Savior's day I would always write him a letter telling him, I'd say, "Your
      convention is approaching and I just wanted to wish you well, wish you a very successful Savior's day," I would write him like that.