You Are a Free Man in This City

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2011

      11/30/2001

      Ramadan Session

      You Are a Free Man in This City

      By Imam W. Deen Mohammed

      Moses was brought from his people and put in the oppressor's house and not only put in the oppressor's house, adopted by the wife of the chief oppressor.  She became his mother and the chief oppressor became his father. But it was that child, that man, that belonged to that people, that G'd wanted, that G'd chose to come against the house of the oppressor; and to lead people out of the oppressive society to freedom, to the promised land, out of bondage. The bondage wasn't chains. Have you ever read where Moses wore chains or where his people were wearing chains?

      They walked. They did not have chains on them. It wasn't like us in slavery. Many of us had chains until they could trust us, then they took the chains off. They said, "They take care of my horse better than I do. Take those chains off that boy so he can get around a little better and clean up my house, or clean up my horse, or whatever, or the stable. Take those chains off. He doesn't need those chains on him". But did the removal of chains remove the status of slave? You're still a slave to these people and we were enslaved, though we were so-called freed by Emancipation Proclamation; but we were still slaves.

      You were slaves because you did not know how to go on your own and you were not getting help to go on your own. You were getting help just to follow whatever the ruling people and the ruling order wanted you to do. "Blend in with us. Do as we do". You were not getting help to be free, really, as a human person, but to behind in or be as they are. Any many of you still choose to do that. I could never be satisfied with their mind, until my mind can grasp their mind and live with their mind, or live away from it.

      I have to get in a situation where I can have a free choice, to choose independently, whether I want to be like them or whether I want to pursue a different course in life. I'm a person created for freedom G'd knows that, created for freedom. I cannot be anything but free.

      Qur'an 90:2 You are a free man in this city

       "And thou art a freeman of this City;-"

      True freedom is to have life under authority of your Creator when your life is not under the United States, the police department, the law of the land as much as under the Creator. When the Creator is the authority above all other authorities, you're free and I'm not speaking from my knowledge alone and from my experience alone. I'm speaking from Scripture. Do you think when the Honorable Elijah Mohammed told us "Islam is freedom"; do you think he just got that with no basis, that there was not basis for it in Qur'an?

      Muhammed (pbuh) was told by G'd to tell them, "I am a free man in this town". Muhammed (pbuh) was inspired by G'd to tell the public that, "I insist that I am free. You are not my masters. You are not my owners. I'm a free man here." But you

      know G'd is the best to guide. G'd guided him in such a way that he didn't have to mention the Qur'an. They didn't have to see the Qur'an. "Was not I born here in Mecca, like you? So where do you get the legal rights? Where do you get the land rights? Where do you get the political rights to choose slavery for me and freedom for you, when I was born in the same land you were and I was born free here, too, just like you?"

      So actually the challenge was coming to them from what they respected and recognized. But the higher meaning is for all human beings. When G'd has you, nobody can enslave you. You are not their slaves. You are not to have your freedom denied by any except G'd. And G'd makes me safe for an intelligent, safe, healthy society. I don't eat pork. I don't drink whiskey. I will not take something that takes over my mind, drugs or whatever. I will not lie. I will not steal. I do not violate the rights of my neighbors or my friend. I'm the best. I'm the safest in your society.

      Prophet Muhammed had no police force; is man's future

      Your law has not the power to discipline me and make me safe for your society like G'd has. That's why Muhammed (pbuh) did not have prisons, no police force, no prisons. He ruled, himself, for 11 years. He was with the people helping them, guiding them to the way for 21 years. No police force, no honor guards, no militia, nothing, just G'd and the people, that's the future for humanity. It may not come in our time, but the future for humanity is just what happened for Muhammed (pbuh) and his followers. The future of humanity is that a time is coming when the people will be under G'd and they will be so respectful of G'd and what G'd wants for them. And by that time they will be so blessed and they will know their blessing came from their Creator, from the G'd. They will be blessed that they will be so grateful to that G'd, so thankful that they will not offend their Lord. They will not offend their G'd. They will not want to disappoint their G'd.

      Jeremiah 31:33 Law written on their hearts

      "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their G'd, and they shall be my people."

      So their law will be written upon their hearts as it's said in the Scripture before the Qur'an came, the law will be written on their hearts. It means that it will become their own heart's desire to live in peace, not be bad, not be criminals, not be injurious to the healthy order of society. That day is coming. It's going to be a virtual paradise on this planet earth. It's coming!

      1 Kings 4:25 Every man under his vine and fig tree

      "And Judah and Israel dwelt safely, every man under his vine and under his fig tree, from Dan even to Beer-sheba, all the days of Solomon."

      There are other people just like me, Christian, Jews and others, who want to see this day come and we believe its coming. We see signs that it is coming. We see the light of the heaven down the road, like a rising sun for new order of creation. Yes, we see it!

      Each individual self responsibility no police in future

      Qur'an 35:18 No can carry the burden of another

      The Qur'an says, "Nor can a bearer of burdens bear another's burden. If one heavily laden should call another to (bear) his load not the least portion of it can be carried (by the other) even though he be nearly related. Thou canst but admonish such as fear their Lord unseen and establish regular Prayer and whoever purifies himself does so for the benefit of his own soul; and the destination (of all) is to Allah."

      Bukhari 2:18 Every person is responsible

      'Abdullah bin 'Umar had said, "I heard Allah's Apostle saying, 'All of you are guardians and responsible for your wards and the things under your care. The Imam (i.e. ruler) is the guardian of his subjects and is responsible for them and a man is the guardian of his family and is responsible for them. A woman is the guardian of her husband's house and is responsible for it. A servant is the guardian of his master's belongings and is responsible for them.' I thought that he also said, 'A man is the guardian of his father's property and is responsible for it. All of you are guardians and responsible for your wards and the things under your care.'"

      Scripture says, "Every tub shall sit on its own bottom". "Every man shall have his own vine and fig tree". What is that saying in the Scriptures that came before Qur'an? What is it saying? That there is coming a time when men will not be secured by the police department, by the law of the land, etc. The responsibility for their own safety and security will be in their own hands and they should be let free to manage for themselves their own security. And every man will be able to manage for himself his own security.

      Look, government is going to grow and develop, evolve as it is doing and the more it grows, develops and evolves, the more it's going to realize that it cannot control people, cannot hold people. It cannot keep people safe for society. It has to give that responsibility to the individual and trust the individual with it. That time is coming closer and we want to hurry it up, by showing that we've got G'd, now, as our Master. G'd is the One Who enforces behavior for me and G'd is a loving, wonderful, beautiful, Divine, Perfect Master. He gives me choices. "I created you and everything, all of these things, that I created and didn't I give you life and free mind or free will, the ability to think and go astray if you want to? Didn't I give them that? "The sun and the moon, 'Yasjudan', make sajda". That's what G'd says.

      Qur'an 33:72 Offer trust of heavens to angels, man rushed to it

      "We did indeed offer the Trust to the Heavens and the Earth and the Mountains: but they refused to undertake it being afraid thereof: but man undertook it. He was indeed unjust and foolish"

      After He created everything, He said, "Who will accept responsibility for this as an atlas, to carry My creation on his back? Who will say, `I will take charge, G'd. Give the responsibility to me?' Who is going to come forth as the Atlas to carry My creation on his back? Who is going to come as the one and say, "I'll take charge G'd. I can manage this creation of Yours', give the responsibility to me?" The mountains said, "We can't handle it G'd". The angels said, "We can't handle it". Foolish, cocky, hasty man, dumb man, rushed up and said, "I'll take it G'd". And he's still seeing himself as the boss over creation and over the rest of the human beings-man. Man thinks a man is suppose to be boss over creation and boss over all other human beings. Man is still trying to do that.

      It helps when he says, "Let's do it democratically. Let's have a collective body to set in this position of authority, absolute authority". It helps, but its still not the answer. The answer is what this government has, but does the life of the society give testimony to that or give witness to it? No. One nation under G'd, right? One nation under G'd with liberty and justice for all. But when they're deciding the future of economics, the future of science and technology, the future of culture, are they consulting with G'd, are they consulting Scripture? Then, how is it one nation under G'd then, if they're doing these things independently and making these big blunders and hurting the life of mankind?

      So they have a beautiful proclamation, a beautiful announcement, but the way they operate does not testify to it. This is not satisfying to all of the beautiful Americans. This is not just my concern. It's the concern of Jews, Christians and Buddhists and many others, that we say what we do not do. "Why do you say that, that you do not?" This is what we have, isn't it?

      I believe that my Imam, Warithudeen Mohammed, is guided by G'd. I believe that my Imam, the Imam of Warith D. Mohammed (I was named Wallace D. Mohammed as a baby when I was born), the Imam over Wallace D. Mohammed, I believe that, that man is as much in G'd's hand as any man ever was. That's what I believe. And I believe there is no job for a leader of a community that I cannot do. I can do any job that's for a leader of community life, any job. G'd has blessed you with a man like Moses. I can take you to the Promised Land. I can help you establish your life in community. I can help you take your community life all the way to the destination and you'll be the envy of the nations, if you will just have faith in me who is yourself.

      You see, if G'd wants to bring the numbers forward, G'd doesn't take each one and work on him separately. We all belong to the same number. G'd takes one and works on that one and in that one He gives every one His best. You want to have a virtuous life? Follow Imam W. Deen Mohammed, because Imam W. Deen Mohammed has kept me with a virtuous life.