Imam's Retreat - Part II

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2011

      01-16-1999

      Randolph, Virginia

      Imam's Retreat – Part II

      By Imam W. Deen Mohammed

      The Qur'an begins with Al Fatiha we know the meaning of it means the opening it also may give the message of victory, opening and victory although there is another chapter by that title "The Victory".  When someone in war with an enemy, when one army is in war with another army and one army gets victory and conquers the place that they are aiming to conquer the victory of that army over the other army in that place is referred to as "fatha", and  it means he opened that city. So to open a city to your purpose is a victory that is your victory that is conquest.

      So really Al Fatiha brings to mind not only the opening of Qur'an but it brings to mind the opening of the way for establishing your purpose, you open a city up, you establish your life there, you establish yourself there.  The opening of the way to establish your purpose is a victory, an opening, a conquest and we are going to read it and look at the language of that chapter.

      The first verse is Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem unlike the other chapters it is the first verse of this chapter whereas the other chapters, Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem is the opening and the first verse begins with something else.  Lets take for example the next chapter Suratul Baqara the first verse is Alif Lam Meem not Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem.  But for Al Fatiha the first verse is Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem and there are a total of seven verses the last being the path, the seventh of the verses.

      Now this chapter is called the seven matching verses, ayats so these seven are referred to as seven in doubles, so if you have seven in double the total would be 14 wouldn't it?  Although the verses are seven it has a reference also to 14 and this chapter in my opinion is addressing many things, it has been called the essence of the whole Qur'an.  What we want to look at this morning after the Fajr Prayer is its message to the whole world and not just a message to the whole world but its message to the problems that are in the way of us having the world as one.

      Those that came before and gave the wrong understanding in Religion caused us to see the world in pieces, in division and lost the light that wanted us first to see the world as a whole, as one, mankind as one, man's purpose as one and also creation as one and we could discuss that later maybe.

      So it starts off with Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem has G'd been understood not to be Ar Rahman Ar Raheem?  If He hasn't, then why is this here, this is the opening, this is very important so G'd must not have been understood as Ar Rahman Ar Raheem and this has direct reference to Scripture to the people of Abraham, Scripture that came to the people of Abraham, Jews and Christians and those in the world who have similar beliefs.  So we find in the Scripture the Jews there is one extreme and in the Scripture of the Christian another extreme.  We are not here to criticize anybody's religion or anybody's scripture ok; I'm perfectly at peace with the Jews and Christians when they follow their Religion.

      One extreme was the Jews who made the world Israel and made the Lord the Lord of Israel not the Lord of all people, the G'd of Israel etc, so this is the one extreme that Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem comes to correct.  And when the Christians come and they look at the G'd of Israel through the teachings of Christ Jesus as they understand the teaching of Christ Jesus they look at the Jewish people and the Old Testament as they call it and they resent the extreme the Jews went to. And they see the Jew's vision or perception of G'd as a G'd that is stern, severe, and a punishing G'd---a G'd that is ready to punish.

      So the Christians went to the other extreme and they said, "oh no, G'd is a loving G'd", now you know we cannot give G'd too much praise as a G'd of love and mercy etc., but if you don't have that balance then you lead the people to another extreme where G'd becomes lover and mercy and they forget the restrictions, they forget the law they forget that G'd is severe and punishing too.  So we have these two extremes in the world and the Qur'an came to correct that and put us square and solidly on our feet and in the balance, you see I just made a cross didn't I?  I said solidly on our feet and in the balance.

      So the Qur'an came to put us upright, solidly upon our feet and in the balance not going to either extreme. And the message to the world is that G'd, yes, G'd is Beneficent. In the translation of the Ahmadiyyah, which is an excellent translation, it just has some problems, few serious problems but it is an excellent translation.

      G'd is the Beneficent the Merciful and now we use the language, G'd is Merciful in giving, in generosity in His kindness supplying us with all of our needs so we say the Merciful Benefactor and the Merciful Redeemer.  G'd is Mercy in redeeming man after he has gone astray, fell and lost the way, G'd is Merciful to bring him back, to redeem him to give him life again. He gave it to him in the first place; His mercy gave him life in the first place from his mother came the life, mercy and the life, from his father---but I'm speaking of the compassion now---mama is symbolic of the compassion that is shown the light.  One teacher in al Islam, he said "the man carries the light burden the woman carries the heavy burden; the sperm is light the baby in the womb is heavy".

      So the womb of the mama is the mercy of G'd where the life is received and cared for there in the domain of the womb of the mother; the exact language you know we don't use the exact language, science tells us just where that baby is but we do know its in the stomach because it gets so large the stomach just explodes almost.

      So she carries that burden while the life is there it is being cared for, it experiences no difficulties, it comes out here it can't remember any pain, we know it suffered but it doesn't remember any of it, it can't remember any pain, can't recall any discomfort and it is enwrapped, wrapped up there very nicely, protected very nicely until it becomes fully developed for delivery into our world so this is compassion, the mercy of G'd.  Then when the baby comes out, the baby finds milk ready the mother doesn't have to say I have a living child here, what am I going to feed it?  Food is there ready; food is right where she would like to hold it to her heart right?  She likes to hold it to her heart and the food is right there at that place so this is symbolic of the mercy and beneficence of G'd, the merciful benefit that comes with mercy to the human being.

      And then G'd is Ar Raheem we mentioned that He is mercy after we lose the way, then He is mercy to help us come back to the way to redeem us after we are lost or after we are astray.

      So that is why G'd is Ar Rahman to show that G'd is merciful, yes, but He didn't just become merciful with the Christian era He was merciful from the very beginning in creating the world and creating life that is where we see His mercy.  So His giving and educating and helping man to come to civilization has been His mercy so the people before the Christian era they were given guidance the people of the Book they were given guidance that guided them to the path of knowledge and benefit and that is the mercy of G'd.  So mercy is not just helping the sick, the blind to see that is not the only mercy, the big mercy is that G'd created this bountiful universe and is so kind in bringing you the benefits of this universe, G'd is merciful, but don't forget that His mercy is not just coming His mercy has been always, that is the point.

      Then it says now that we see G'd in the right light now we can praise Him…with the right praise the Bible says with the perfect praise, Al Hamdu lillaah praise is to G'd the second problem "Rabbil `Alameen" somebody said he is Lord of Israel, no He is Lord of all the worlds He is everybody's Lord equally too.

      Lord Rabb of all not one people

       Qur'an 17:24; Parents lower wing of humility

      "And, out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say: "My Lord! bestow on them thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood."

      Again the first verse is repeated Ar Rahmaan Ar Raheem why is the first verse repeated now again?  Its repeated again because what interrupted this understanding or this perception of G'd what blocked it was that some people said He is their Lord exclusively that He created them and raised them up and evolved them, that is what it means, Lord means created and evolved all together all in the same word you have both the idea that He created the human being but also evolved him so it is a little stronger than parent but this word is taken originally from a word that means parent.  And the expression is in the Qur'an we still have that connection in Qur'an in the expression: my parents who raised me from a small child when I was helpless who raised me up from helplessness from a small child dependent on its parents and the word is "rabbeyane" for the two parents that did that [rabbeyane saghera] when I was a little helpless life, so we have rabb in there still that connection.

      So the parent receives the life from the creation of G'd and then the parent takes care of that life and helps that life along until it can manage for itself; see that it have opportunities to develop and reach its manhood, reach its maturity, reach its womanhood or reach its manhood.  So this is how G'd and some of our best teachers---this is the way they explain this, its not just my way, this is the traditional way of explaining this in Al Islam.

      G'd is also the One Who takes us from the wombs of our mothers in two main pictures.  One is the picture of just nature, (natural) life, and another because man and woman are more than biology, man and woman have consciousness and intelligence.  So He is the One Who takes us from the womb of our mothers. The world itself, creation itself as a material body is our womb, the womb of our existence, we are born out of that womb; the womb of creation itself physically and also mentally as a conscious intelligent being; mentally is not enough to say it, so I  say also as a conscious, intelligent life.  We are taken out of the womb of creation and it is G'd that gives us intellectual birth, we can't have it without G'd, we can have abortions and breech births, we can have these incorrect deliveries, but we cannot have the perfect delivery that G'd created us for without G'd, so it is G'd also that takes us from that.

      Qur'an 87:6, 8; Teach so not forget, make easy

      6. By degrees shall We teach thee to declare (the Message), so thou shalt not forget,

      8. And We will make it easy for thee (to follow) the simple (Path).

      Qur'an 93:6; He found you wandering

      "Did He not find thee an orphan and give thee shelter (and care)?"

      Qur'an 94:2-3; Removed the burden from your back

      2. And removed from thee thy burden

      3. The which did gall thy back?-

       And then as G'd says of Prophet Muhammed, He found you groping, right under burden and he took the burden off your back and then He promises him that He is going to make everything very comfortable and very nice for him. G'd promised him that.  And we are going to ease your way to a state of ease and we are going to teach you so you won't forget, that is the parent isn't it?  And we are going to open up opportunities for you. G'd is saying this like a parent.  Took him when he was helpless like a little baby, lost without anyone to care for him and G'd took him and comforted him like a mother does a little baby and then nourished him step by step; every time a need arose G'd was there to prepare him to get the benefit and not suffer but little, but get the benefit or even if he had to suffer much, the benefit was so much greater that the suffering was forgotten.

      So this is the G'd the G'd of mercy so its repeated after Rabbil `Alameen One Who has done this for the whole world is certainly Ar Rahmaan Ar Raheem, see?  That is why it is repeated, that got the problem of the lord of Israel out of the way, and now you see the Lord is the Lord of all the worlds He has done this all over the world, now say it again Ar Rahmaan Ar Raheem.

      The next verse Maliki yaumid Deen all of this is addressing the wholeness of the world, the wholeness of human life, that is what it is addressing so this is a universal message with a focus on the whole world and the universal Plan of G'd not a regional plan or a national plan, local plan but a universal Plan of G'd, you see. This is a universal message and it is fulfilling its mission, it has a mission, not only a message it has a mission; it is a message and its mission is to bring the kindness and mercy and gifts, blessings of G'd to all His creation without any unjust discriminations, this is the message.

      Q. __  Who better to judge; One been here

      Mark 12:36; Sit on my right hand

      "For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit you on my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool."

      You say your G'd is the king; your lord is also the king of Israel, He is the G'd of Israel, He is the Lord of Israel; He is also the king of Israel?  No this is the King; this is the Real Judge, this is the Real Master. He is the Master of the Day of Judgment, the same not a different one, the same is the master of the Day of Judgment.  Sit down at my right hand?  No, the same is the master on the Day of Judgment with no one sitting at His right hand in the Judgment, no; no one sitting at His right hand in the Judgment, He is the Judge alone and He is the One that can be Judge.  Another reference to G'd in this connection that touched me when I was a young man studying the Religion, studying the Qur'an to know the Religion, says "who is better to judge, One Who created and has been always or one who comes later and is himself created?"

      You think about that, I thought about it, I say this is a terrible error that the world made, a terrible injustice to G'd, this is not fair this is a bad way to treat G'd Who has given us everything, created everything for us and now we going to (claim that) somebody else comes to redeem us and judge us.  What do they know about us?  They just came here like we did. What do they know about the beginning of our sins with Adam----they were not here when Adam was created, they didn't see Adam in his life, how he lived it, only thing they can do is have some revelation from G'd to understand that themselves.  (And) now they are going to be the judge?  They can't judge it.

      So G'd is the Judge He is the King this word Malik has reference to judge, reference to king also, king and judge, the Master, also Master they translated master because a king is a ruler over the people. This is using the language of man's history and life tradition, the evolution of his language, the nature and development of his language, so he says king and king means the master.  No, G'd is the Master, G'd is the King and also Judge on the Day of Judgment when you put it with the end day, final day then it becomes Judge, right?  Because it is always addressing Scripture that came before so this means Master of the Day of Judgment and the (word for) Judgment is that Deen the same word that is (used) Religion, right?

      The Judgment yaumid deen when you put yaumid it becomes the Day of Judgment but without "yaum" going before it with that reference to the Day of Judgment in Scripture in the language of the people of the Book it means what?  The Religion Ad Deen means Religion but in Arabic language Ad Deen doesn't necessarily mean Religion. Ad Deen comes from a word Dana that means debt so it means the day of Religion it means the Day of Judgment, yes we know that but what is its root meaning, what does it stem from?  It stems from the idea that we all are indebted to G'd and our life should be lived in a way to pay up the debt, we all are indebted to G'd and our life should be a paying up of the debt, you pay up the debt with your life.

      So the Day of Judgment is the day when we pay up the debt and I'm sure that meaning is in all people's Religion those who believe in the Judgment Day. It is a day when you are going to pay the debt--- pay the debt in full.  So the Revelation Qur'an came and gave us a new meaning of Religion, so what is Religion?  Religion is the way that G'd gives us, I'm talking about Religion as revealed Religion now, not just Religion generally speaking, man has different Religions but the Religion that comes from G'd to man it is guidance or light to show man how he is to pay his debt.  G'd has given you life, you have a debt to live it according to G'd's Plan for your life because He gave it to you, that is the debt, right?  So G'd gave you your life, you didn't create yourself, you didn't give yourself life, so you have a debt to G'd and the debt is to live it the way G'd intended for you to live it and that is how you pay up the debt and that is Religion. Isn't it the same, see how clear it is? It is the same.

      If I live my life in the way that G'd the Creator Who gave me this life intended me to live it, I am living my Religion, but G'd didn't just leave us with that, G'd gave us the light so that we could see exactly what we are to do to have Al Islam in our life, as a way of life, a guide, a pattern to follow and obey, etc.

      So what is the next verse referring to?  I think we understand when I say "master", each verse is referring to a problem that existed before right?

      Eyaaka Na'budu, You alone do we worship. Worship means to serve. You alone we serve as a servant, slave, You alone do we give our life in service---giving our whole life is giving like a slave gives his whole life in service to his master. So You alone, G'd we give our life, it is talking about the whole life because you know we serve each other don't we?  But we don't give our whole life to anybody, only to G'd.  It is talking about the (whole) life.

      You alone do we serve and You alone do we beg for help, "nasta'een" means to seek assistance from G'd, You alone. Now we know that we seek assistance from each other too, we are helped by each other, parents help their children and children in turn help their parents, we are helping each other.

      This help is not just help like that, this help must be understood in the context of this chapter it is talking about help for the whole life; help for the whole world not help for somebody that needs a job or help for somebody that need to get off alcohol or drugs. It is not talking about that help, it includes that help, but this is mainly addressing help that we need to manage this life in this vast creation, especially on earth with other human beings that is the help it is talking about.

      Qur'an 61:14; Jesus who will be helpers

      "O ye who believe! Be ye helpers of Allah: As said Jesus the son of Mary to the Disciples, "Who will be my helpers to (the work of) Allah?" Said the disciples, "We are Allah's helpers!" then a portion of the Children of Israel believed, and a portion disbelieved: But We gave power to those who believed, against their enemies, and they became the ones that prevailed."

      When Jesus asked his companions in the Qur'an to be his helpers, their reply was "we are your helpers for G'd",  but actually it means to get where G'd wants us to go, we are your helpers in the path to G'd.  Now that language "path" is not there in the language at all, but that is what it means. We are your helpers in the path of G'd to arrive at the destination to meet G'd, we are your helpers.  Its not quite this language, a different word is used Ansar the disciples of Jesus Christ peace be upon him, the word means helpers like the Ansar of Medina they helped the Prophet who was badly in need of people to respond to him so that he would be able to establish the ummah.

      So this help is not just help for little trivial things. This is help in the big picture. All of Al Fatiha is the big picture, it is talking about this whole picture, help for the big cause etc.  We turn only to You for that help.  Now can't you see how clear it is? You can't turn to anyone else but G'd, He designed the creation, He made it (so that) if you go against His Will or His Purpose in it you are going to have trouble. He put it under laws etc., so that if you don't know what you are doing you are going to have trouble.  I can't go to somebody who just came last year and get help for that big task of how to live in G'd's creation. I must turn to the G'd who made creation to know how to live in His creation.  So You alone, now you understand it, right? A lot of us we read this all the time but we don't understand it.  You alone, you turn to your mama, you turn to me, and you will turn to a bum out there in the street if he is the one that has what you need at the time, right? So you turn to everybody for help. You turn to many things for help. The farmer turns to the land for help. G'd isn't the only One we turn to for help that is readily understood.  So that is what it is said by You alone and we try to rationalize, well whatever help comes to you it comes from G'd through something else, no that is not it, it is talking about help for the Purpose that G'd created you for; help to arrive at the destination; help for the purpose for which G'd has created you, that is what we need.  We need help to live our life in the context of G'd's creation, or in this material universe and particularly in the context of man as a global community or global society.

      Qur'an 2:213; Man community was one

      "Mankind was one single nation, and Allah sent Messengers with glad tidings and warnings; and with them He sent the Book in truth, to judge between people in matters wherein they differed; but the People of the Book, after the clear Signs came to them, did not differ among themselves, except through selfish contumacy. Allah by His Grace Guided the believers to the Truth, concerning that wherein they differed. For Allah guided whom He will to a path that is straight."

      And this is the language that is freeing us up to live with each other as one community. Yes, and G'd says and "your community was once one community".  This Al Fatiha comes to prepare us for that. You know Al Fatiha we can discuss this until next year this time if G'd keep us awake and keep us on this floor and sustain us. It is so rich and so full of so many things it would take volumes and volumes and many have written volumes on these seven verses.   Be patient with me and we are going to complete this and get to something else but it might take a little longer because the sun may rise, the sun is rising now almost 7:30 the sun will rise en sha Allah, a good time for the sun to rise 7:30.

      This verse we have made some comments on it and I think you understand clearly what I'm trying to pass on to you.

      Forty Hadith p.74 #21; Believe then be upright

      On authority of Sufian bin Abdullah, may Allah be pleased with him said: I said: "O Messenger of Allah, tell me something about Islam which I can ask of no one but you". He said:" Say: 'I believe in Allah', and thereafter be upright."

      The next verse says Ihdinas Siratal Mustaqeem, you see how smoothly the meanings flow?  If we seek the assistance from G'd the assistance we want is the assistance to live upright in the world.  Mustaqeem means upright, the Prophet used this same meaning when he said, "Say I believe and there after be upright", from the same word.  Here translating this expression, this communication from G'd in English, we say "guide us on the right path", right?  But in the expression from Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) he says "and there after be upright".

      Cross

      Qur'an 71:17; Man like a growth

      "And Allah has produced you from the earth growing (gradually),"

      Qur'an 14:24-5; Tree good

      24. Seest thou not how Allah sets forth a parable? - A goodly word like a goodly tree, whose root is firmly fixed, and its branches (reach) to the heavens,- of its Lord. So Allah sets forth parables for men, in order that they may receive admonition.

      25. It brings forth its fruit at all times, by the leave of its Lord. So Allah sets forth parables for men, in order that they may receive admonition.

      I have shared this language with you before and I'm doing it again so is this path a horizontal path or is it a vertical path?  Its first reference is to vertical movement, from matter up to G'd, and all of this is symbolic. Life moves from down to up, that is how growth comes, plants---everything! And G'd says He has created you like a plant, a plant comes from down and goes up and He says the picture of the pious believers who praise G'd is like a blessed tree with the good life, its branches reaches up to the heavens and its leaves are applaud in the wind, praise be to Allah.   Say He has created you like a plant so this is a vertical movement, but mankind is not a tree. Man walks so his vertical movement also goes along a horizontal line isn't that the cross? The base and the vertical (is) the cross, so mankind in his disposition of uprightness he forms a cross with the base. The planet that he stands upon in his uprightness he forms a cross but the cross is upside down, right?

      Q. 3:102; Die not except as Muslims

      "O you who believe! Fear Allah as He should be feared, and die not except in a state of Muslims."

      When you are looking at him with connection of the matter, the earth that he is born out of and lives upon and works upon, works with but look at him separate from the earth now the balance is here at the shoulders, that is the balance and the base is the feet, it still is a cross isn't it ?  So actually his own posture in the upright position is a cross and G'd says and "die not except in the state of a Muslim" on the cross but not the cross they are talking about (in the Church), (rather this refers to) the cross of the balance of life for human beings. Die not except in the balance that G'd wants for your life, die in that upright state in the balance.  And it just doesn't mean die physically, it means don't give up your consciousness to something else, to another idea, to another person, don't give up your consciousness except that you be upright and in that balance.

      Path terms Siraat and Sabil

      The word Siraat (means path) there are other words for path. G'd's path is referred to most often as "Sabil" not "Seraat".  So Sabil is a very general term and used for G'd to include all that man's life need to reach where it is suppose to go. So the guidance for the whole of life to help man arrive where he is supposed to go is the Sabil of G'd.  So in that path we have obligation to give charity to defend the faith to do many things in that path, but this Seraat is referring to human life, the soul, complete human life and the intellect the whole composite creature with all these systems that I referred to last night as different lives in him, moral, mental life etc.

      So this Seraat is really a path of knowledge, it is more than that, but its strongest reference is to the path of knowledge, the path of the development of your brain, your human intellect.  This is the path for the development of the human as a rational being with an intellect, so it is Seraat Al Mustaqeem. Now you can understand why it is vertical. We start on the ground and we go up from the base, that is a vertical growth, but don't forget the movement is also horizontal because we move we don't stay in one place.  Now we can understand that this is the path of those that G'd favored with the immediate reference to Abraham.

      Tape #3 Side b

      Na'eem blessing

      ... And then it is also barakat but its bigger and richer and more inclusive than just blessing that we see in the word baraka, we say Ramadan Mubarak right?  That is from baraka.  Ne'mat is the blessing that comes after being cut off from the blessing and we are still looking at it in this big picture this is not just blessing of health, G'd bless me with health I don't have a cold, the flu like everyday here. I don't have this disease or that disease, that is a blessing too, but this is a much bigger blessing than that.  This is the blessing that man needs to stand his life up in this world and to have it at peace, a peaceful existence and a prosperous life; this is the blessing after it has been cut off.

      Abraham

      Qur'an 9:114; Abraham prayed for his father

      "And Abraham prayed for his father's forgiveness only because of a promise he had made to him. But when it became clear to him that he was an enemy to Allah, he dissociated himself from him: for Abraham was most tender-hearted, forbearing."

      Qur'an 31:13; Oppression worst form is shirk

      "Behold, Luqman said to his son by way of instruction: "O my son! join not in worship (others) with Allah: for false worship is indeed the highest wrong-doing."

      So Abraham was the one referred to because his father was a wise powerful man, he was a ruler in the time of Abraham but his father was also an idol worshiper and it was G'd Who guided Abraham to rebel against the idol worship of his father and shirk idol worship is the worst form of oppression.

      Civilization

      So after oppression under shirk, Abraham is given the guidance and then he and the people who followed that began to receive the big blessing, what is the "big blessing"?  Civilization, true civilization that idolatry stands in the way of, they can have sciences but they can't have true civilization because they don't know the science of human existence, they don't know the science of the human soul so they create something that burdens the human existence, burdens the human soul and they call it civilization.  They built great towers, they had skyscrapers, they were great masons, they knew medicine, they could heal the physical body but still they were savages, barbarians, they couldn't build the home for the human soul and only G'd can guide man to build a home for the human soul.  So they didn't have true Revelation they were idol worshipers their Religion was shirk, then G'd gave Abraham because his soul was upright; he had a heart that was sound and pure and G'd responded to him and gave him the guidance, the understanding for his heart but he needed something (else) something was blocking the help for his heart, blocking the way against that help that would come to his heart and what was it?  (It was) the condition of his intellect in that world of shirk.

      Qur'an 2:260; Abraham how dead raised to life

      "When Abraham said: "Show me, Lord, how You will raise the dead, " He replied: "Have you no faith?" He said "Yes, but just to reassure my heart." Allah said, "Take four birds, draw them to you, and cut their bodies to pieces. Scatter them over the mountain-tops, then call them back. They will come swiftly to you. Know that Allah is Mighty, Wise.""

      So he had to break out of that. And because he had a good heart his intellect could not. See the intellect works according to the state of your heart, so his couldn't get the benefit and be at peace because his intellect was burdened with something that was against his nature so he had to ask questions like "G'd for my inward peace tell me how would the dead be raised?"  He asked certain questions right?  And they were questions that he needed answers to in order to relieve the burden on his rational mind, on his intellect and because he was freed and made whole by G'd Who came to his rescue, gave him what he was asking for, his intellect was freed his heart was relieved he became the leader, Imam for all the nations, a universal figure, leader.

      So this is referring to the blessing that G'd gave Abraham but did He give it to Abraham only?  No, but we know Abraham as the great type for that kind of picture or receiver or recipient of that great blessing, reward from G'd, he is the type, figure for the whole world. But G'd had given that kind of help before but not in the measure that He gave it to Abraham because the world had not evolved as it had evolved in Abraham's time. Not that He gave it for the first time to Abraham no; but He gave it in that measure for the whole world as a complete, full measure for the whole world was only given to Abraham.  So the intellect is being established.

      Adam and intellect

      Adam himself was the first father, right?  And Adam was put on this earth as an intellect, not as a biological body so he is our first father of the intellect.  "First father of the intellect" means the father that was in accord with nature and the father that was supported into his position as leader upon nature itself, not upon Revelation, but upon nature itself.

      Adam was established upon his own human creation as an intellect that was designed to get the benefits of this environment that we are in, the whole total environment and make progress. And the descendants of Adam did make progress as an intellect they made great progress, but they could not have wholeness.  Abraham was given wholeness for his intellect, so we have a figure in Adam that was whole, complete and perfect in his creation, but in his consciousness he was not, in his intellect he was not, he had yet to reach the destination.

      Millah

      Qur'an 16:123; Follow Abraham's way

      "So We have taught thee the inspired (Message), "Follow the ways of Abraham the True in Faith, and he joined not gods with Allah.""

      So Abraham comes and he gives himself to G'd and the world is demanding now this universality in his day, the world was demanding that universality that makes it possible for all men to live and work together in peace as brethren and G'd gave it to Abraham. And say, you are the leader of the nation and refers to his way as a sunnah, the sunnah of Abraham the upright in faith. Much is to be said about this, I hope I don't hold you like I use to on Stony Island; that punished me and you.  The millah of Abraham, this term millah means a hope, they translate it different ways they say the order of Abraham but it literally means the hope of Abraham.  G'd opened his eyes and he saw where mankind should go and it was his hope but how to get him there, others were to inherit that responsibility, and so the way is shown how to get there.  So we have the sunnah of Abraham the upright in faith and then we have the sunnah of Muhammed which we will come back to en sha Allah maybe.

      The path of whom You bestowed favors You grace, favors, Your blessings not the way of those who earn Your punishment---wrath---who invited Your wrath or Your wrath came down on them, came upon them.  Now who earned the wrath?  Those that didn't see the big picture, the wholeness of matter the wholeness of life for human beings, they didn't see the big picture and because they missed the big picture they didn't walk the path of rational, intellectual growth and development, they thought they were on it but they were not.  And really the great wrath came upon them because they got out of the path, in the path is the mercy and graces of G'd out of the path is the wrath and punishment, yes.

      Qur'an 3:117; Allah wrong not but from self

      "What they spend in the life of this (material) world May be likened to a wind which brings a nipping frost: It strikes and destroys the harvest of men who have wronged their own souls: it is not Allah that hath wronged them, but they wrong themselves."

      So don't think of G'd as someone with a whip in His hand. That is not the G'd, the whip is in your creation and G'd says it is not G'd that harms you is it you that harm yourself you have wronged your own soul.  We need a picture of G'd's existence and Purpose that doesn't do a disservice and discredit our own intelligence that G'd created us with. Look how long mankind been living with a picture of G'd that actually does a disservice to his own intelligence and disrespects his own intelligence---a big disrespect.  Man has been created to have more intelligence than that to have more sense than that; to not to accept stupid ideas that go counter to the direction in his excellent life for his intellect, heart, soul, spirit.

      Qur'an 73:5; We send down a weighty word

      "Soon shall We send down to thee a weighty Message."

      So this is a big matter here, this is no small matter that is what I'm trying to impress upon you brothers and sisters, this is no small matter this is a big matter and G'd says we are going to entrust to you a weighty word, not a light word.

      "Thaqeelan" heavy word, a weighty word, so this is no small issue, when you know Religion in the right way you're suppose to be builders of the world in service to G'd, that is what you're suppose to be, you are suppose to be the builders of the world, so you can't be satisfied just to have hymm books and dhikrs, eat and go to sleep and have sex like a dog or a cow or something you can't be satisfied with that. This Religion opens up your mind and makes your mind as big as the sun, and the sun is rendering a great service to life on this earth.

      Gnostic order

      Now here are some people who got out of the path but here are some other people who are earnestly, sincerely, genuinely seeking the path; believers seeking G'd's way but they missed it, the Gnostic order in the Christian era, this is referring directly to them.  An anta `ialay hem is referring directly to Abraham and his descendants or his followers, descendants here mean those who follow in his way  in his spirit and in his way, his logic his faith and logic of Abraham those are the descendants of Abraham or the followers of Abraham and they are all over the world.  Enlightenment has come for the intellect so its followers are all over the world, Jews, Christians, Muslims and many others all following the path of civilization for the human soul and intellect.

      Waal lad Daal leen they say this means the Christian, yes it means the Christian. But are they the only Daal leen?  G'd says of Muhammed and we found you straying so it is not quite enough to say the Christians are the Daalleen is it?  Because there was a Hanif person in the jaheleyyah days of Mecca and he also was straying in the Hanif order he was straying and G'd says and we found you burdened and weighted down and guided you.  So we know the people we call the New Testament people after Jesus Christ peace be upon him, they are the major, big Daalleen. But there were others, wasn't Muhammed meaning right, always meaning to be upright and straight and correct? Yes, he was, so that is why he is called daal he was straying not intentionally he was striving for the way but was missing it because of what he had before him as a light.

      And the Christians missed it because of what they had before them as a light and the Gospel gave them answers but they missed it, they couldn't see it.  When Jesus took them up in the mountain to show his followers himself according to the Gospel---this is not Qur'an now don't confuse it---I hope you know what I'm saying, don't you include this in your khutbah as though its Qur'an and forget to make the distinction like I'm making. This is not Qur'an, this is another source, this is not our source but it says in the Gospel Jesus took his disciples up in the mountain and he showed them himself in a configuration, right?  You who have studied the Bible or taught or heard it in the church or whatever; you ministers from the Hon. Elijah Muhammed's time you should know this because he said we died in the Bible and out of the Bible we must come forth, he worked with the Bible---not that I agree with him---that is his day in our experience that prepared us for this day.

      Matthew 17:1-9; Jesus' Transfiguration

      1. And after six days Jesus took with him Peter and James, and John his brother, and led them up a high mountain by themselves.

      2. And he was transfigured before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his clothes became white as light.

      3. And behold, there appeared to them Moses and Elijah, talking with him.

      4. And Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good that we are here. If you wish, I will make three tents here, one for you and one for Moses and one for Elijah."

      5. He was still speaking when, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my beloved Son, a with whom I am well pleased; listen to him."

      6. When the disciples heard this, they fell on their faces and were terrified.

      7. But Jesus came and touched them, saying, "Rise, and have no fear."

      8. And when they lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only.

      9. And as they were coming down the mountain, Jesus commanded them, "Tell no one the vision, until the Son of Man is raised from the dead."

      So he showed them himself, he didn't show them any material body he showed them light. So to really see Jesus Christ you have to go up, he took them up to the mountain to show them himself; he had to take them up high towards the heaven, they ascended a mount and up there he showed them three lights: the light of Elijah, Moses and himself, three lights in one, three lights came together in a configuration.  Configuration mean that three figures came together so to see him he had to show them three figures coming together and Elijah you know he was a great Prophet of Israel according to the teaching of the Jews and that prophet was a Prophet that brought healing.

      But he was also a strong Prophet that challenged the false worshipers and also brought healing, and John did the same; he challenged false worship and brought healing through fasting.  So here are two Prophets that kind of depict the application of a healing agent or purification and health the two of them and also a strong challenge to the world of falsehood.  And Jesus put right in that means that Jesus is not different than them if those figures come together in  one light that means they were the same they were compatible.  This means Jesus was telling them I come as a light---the light means as knowledge, I come as a knowledge body and a knowledge body that gives you light, and shows the way.  And to understand this knowledge body is for healing and purifying and it is not a new knowledge body it came before in Elijah and in John but it was localized, this is to be universal; so he is a figure that is appealing to the whole of mankind.  Where Elijah was addressing the local situation---now I know you're thinking Jesus was sent only to the house of Israel. "Israel" says the Lord G'd "was only the Lord of Israel too you going to believe that?

      Qur'an 17:1; Night Journey

      "Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things)."

      Mark 13:10; Jesus disciples all nations

      "And the gospel must first be published among all nations."

      We know that in the New Testament later he is addressing his followers his disciples to go out take that message to all people that is what he told them, right?  So he is a universal figure, now look at how we get that same understanding, how Muhammed gave that same understanding.  Muhammed was taken up into the heavens, right? On the night visit and travel he was taken up into the heaven and he saw Prophet Jesus and John in the level above Adam our father and we have the two of them together Jesus and John right together, Elijah is not there but the two of them are there, its not the configuration but nevertheless it is showing us the two John and Elijah on one plane in the heavens.  So he also was taken up to see them right?  Jesus took them up to see them in a configuration and then G'd took Muhammed up to see Jesus in a higher plane.

      So this is a body of light, stars are in the heaven and stars give light, so if he is ascending the heaven and seeing these people they must be also emitters of light, yes. That is why we think if them in the heavens.

      Qur'an 65:12; Seven like number for you

      "Allah is He Who created seven Firmaments and of the earth a similar number. Through the midst of them (all) descends His Command: that ye may know that Allah has power over all things, and that Allah comprehends all things in (His) Knowledge."

      And G'd teaches us through Muhammed that for us there is a like number; in other words whatever is in this ascension it is also in your potential, it is also a human possession, it is also in you.  That you have in your creation also the potential to arise or ascend to these levels of human excellence, so this light is not the light of Revelation this is the light of human nature not the light of Revelation.  So these men in their bodies agreeing with the nature G'd created became light.

      Qur'an 33:21; Prophet example best Uswaa

      "Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the Praise of Allah."

      So Muhammed in his Uswa he is a light in his Uswaa before he was called to be a messenger of G'd and the seal of the Prophet, he was already a light in his Uswaa in his balanced life Uswaa. In his balanced life that G'd intended for him he was a walking light, a star a brilliant star in the world of humanity then G'd gave him the Qur'an, the guidance for that light that was so perfect in the world.  He never worshiped idols, he never did wrong by people, he was a perfect man, never do you read in the Qur'an and "we are going to purify you, cleanse you of your sins he had not sins". G'd only says, we are going to take the burden off your back and we are going to teach you so you will know.  G'd doesn't say we are going to clean you up, he needed no cleaning up just like Abraham, these men were perfect in their lives.  So they are light the creation that G'd made Himself is light and when you are in the created form G'd made you, your own matter is the light, it is a brilliant star, we can get guidance just from your light we have light on our feet.

      Burden off ego, soul

      We have light in the path for our self just from your light, you are a light when you are in the form that G'd made you, you are a light, I'm not saying just to tell you that, no I'm telling you that to take the burden off of your ego, take the burden off of your soul, take the burden off of your spirit, take the burden off of your intellect so you can be freer to go where Allah want you to go.  The better you feel about yourself the more easily you can carry yourself, praise, be to Allah, and we thank Him for the medicine.

      Revelation

      Revelation 5:6; Lamb slain foundation of earth

      "And I beheld, and, see, in the middle of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the middle of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth."

      Revelation 6:1-17; Lamb took the book

      1. And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

      2. And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

      3. And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

      4. And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

      5. And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

      6. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

      7. And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. 8And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

      9. And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

      10. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

      11. And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

      12. And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

      13. And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

      14. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

      15. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

      16. And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

      17. For the great

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)