Natural Anatomy of Community Life

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2009

      "As The Light Shineth From The East"

      Natural Anatomy of Community Life

      By Imam W. Deen Mohammed

      (The following is a collection of edited speeches delivered during Ethnic Heritage Survival Week, Feb. 19-26th 1978)

      Today, I'm exceedingly happy, pleased and proud of you, and of our work. I think whatever doubts are being whispered around are all dispelled today. Some of us make our judgment before we see the full product. We started out like the rising sun three years ago, February 26, 1975. Our great inspiration, our hero, our courageous leader, the Honorable Elijah Muhammad had passed away, but we did not give up. We refused to pass away with him; we knew that somebody had to stay around here and keep the work going.

      Our light began to rise—you know the sun comes up and goes down everyday—and men, great leaders are rising and falling every century. But all praises are due to Almighty God, if it is His work, He will preserve it. Almighty God enabled us to rise, and when many saw our light, they said, this is not the light of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad. This is not the light of Master Fard Muhammad. They said "Wallace is changing everything."

      I wouldn't let that cause me to sit down and weep. I stayed on the job because I knew that in a few years, those doubters, those people who were trying to describe what was being born before it was delivered would realize one day in the future that their judgments were wrong—they weren't seeing the whole thing.

      We have been working for better than three years, and Allah is blessing us now to show the full form of what we were working on. Dear beloved people, there are bright prospects for a people choosing to grow in the natural anatomy of community life. The twin fountains of life are the forces in one life—not two. And if we understand these twin forces as being forces belonging to one life, we can get the balance that Prophet Muhammad came to give us and other prophets were sent to inspire us on toward.

      The balance is between the religious life and the material existence. The anatomy of society should be the anatomy of the human being. By that I mean in the anatomy of the human being you have bones structured well, you have muscles and you have skin covering the body; you have a head on top of the structure.

      You have a heart in the center, and that heart is pumping blood throughout the whole body. And you have the organs for discharging or releasing the waste in the base of the body. And you have two legs supporting the structure, carrying it, and you have the arms to deal with the work of the day. You have the vision before you and the ears divinely placed to catch the sound in the front, on the sides, behind and all around.

      God has built a great edifice in the human structure, and we should take the advice of scripture and pay some attention to God's handiwork in those things that operate between the skies and earth.

      If we take heed of His hints in His creation, the hints that are in His designs, I'm sure that we will get a sign to uplift humanity much greater than any the world has seen yet.