Invocation at U.S. Senate – February 6, 1992

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2008

      Invocation at U.S. Senate – February 6, 1992

      By W. Deen Mohammed

      Our Creator, the Merciful Benefactor, the Merciful Redeemer Who opens for all people a way to have good conscience and a good life:

      Grant to this Nation that Americans continue to live as a prosperous nation of "many in one" and as a people of faith taking pride in human decency, industry, and service.

      Let us pray that this great Nation's two centuries of national life may inspire other nations to move toward social -and economic justice for all. Grant that her big heart for charity, compassion, repentance, and mercy continue to beat strongly within all of us. Grant that Americans always have more hope than troubles and ever grow in goodness and in wisdom.

      Bless Americans to always cherish our freedom and the noble essence of the American people.

      Grant that we Americans understand better our brothers and sisters around the world and reject unsuitable national pride for a global community of brotherhood and peace.

      Bring all citizens and Government together, those of great means and small means, to appreciate more our Nation's solemn pledge of liberty, peace, and justice for all.

      Bless our homes and our schools. Bless the parents, our troubled youth, our burdened inner cities to never be without hope or direction. Bless Americans to keep to the best of our ways.

      Bless Americans to cherish more the pride of industry.

      Bless the efforts of the President and all other efforts in progress for more jobs and more opportunity to be in this great society for more of us.

      Bless matrimony and families here and in all the world.

      Increase for the President of the United States , for every Member of the Senate, for every Member of the House of Representatives, the excellence of man's spirit and the excellence of the intellect of the statesmen so that they may build a better America for us all.

      Amen.