Man's Shared Freedom Space...

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2008

      transcript from the video

      As Salaamu Alaikum

      My name is Khadijah Siddeeq Mohammed. I'm the wife of Imam W. Deen Mohammed. I don't want to ...I am not the type of person to get up in front of people and speak. But this morning I found a notebook from Imam Mohammed, my husband, and in it what I read Allah put on my heart to share with the believers who are gathered here today. He titled it:

      Man's Shared Freedom Space...

      Those who use their freedom are strong enough to respect what's important.
      People avoiding their RESPONSIBILITY cannot be FREE.
      Freedom is the reward for hard work.
      In the wilds where ANIMALS are free, freedom is not protected. The SURVIVAL of "the FITTEST" is the LAW.
      Although industrial man is thousands of years away from ANIMAL LAW, conditions can form in the freedom space of those who go about carefree and the ANIMAL LAW will be their dead-end street.
      For freedom, the wilds had to be defeated. The first to be defeated were wild animals and unprincipled people.
      Heavy responsibility was carried by parents.
      Neighbors were not able to go it [alone]. Neighbors had to band together.

      Working for common INTEREST, laws were put in place, public land was developed, schools were opened to have life assisted by practical knowledge.
      To make it, to live through [these] RAW TIMES, neighbors worked as a FAMILY of partners in the RISE of CIVILIZATION.
      Today, in modern times, to know the REALITY of populations surviving to have more, citizenship knowledge is indispensable.
      Rights not understood cannot be vouchsafe and get the protection under the LAW.
      Intelligent laws reached the public as HOME-GROWN benefits, like almost every other public good:
      An Inherent [sense] of ownership is a human property belonging to the SOUL.
      When the human mind accepts ownership as real, the powerful human soul supports the mind accepting ownership and respecting ownership.
      Animals respect rights of the other animal...
      Children insist their rights be respected: sharing freedom space in the home, in the bedroom, in the bed, etc.

      (Homemaking)
      Family life in the care of devoted females is where people should qualify for CITIZENSHIP.
      "Citizenship" should bring to mind a certain BEHAVIOR expected of persons individually.
      Civic minded community servants who have been awarded for "good citizenship," they know its MEANING: "the state of being vested with the rights, privileges, and duties of a citizen"... "the character of an individual viewed as a member of society ...behavior in terms of the DUTIES, OBLIGATIONS, and functions of a citizen."

      Imam Mohammed's words and leadership are inspired by God. He has dedicated his life to freeing our mind and making us aware of our shared freedom space, which we must develop into a balanced community under God. Like all of his words, the words that I shared with you today are rooted in the clear guidance of the Qur'an.

      At-Tin (The Fig)
      With Allah's Name The Merciful Benefactor The Merciful Redeemer
      By the Fig and the Olive
      And the Mount of Sinai,
      And this City of security
      We have indeed created man in the best of moulds,
      Then do we abase him (to be) the lowest of the low-
      Except such as believe and do righteous deeds: for they shall have a reward unfailing.
      Then what can, after this, contradict you as to the Judgment (to come)?
      Is not Allah the wisest of Judges?

      Imam Mohammed has taught us that this Surah, At-Tin The Fig, is guidance to us as to how a balanced community under God is established. The first 4 statements of the Surah show the path that the divinely inspired leadership takes in its effort to assist in establishing such a community.

      Imam Mohammed has lived a complete life and fulfilled the role that Allah gave to him. And I believe firmly that he will enter paradise in the ranks of the most righteous and hear a word from his Lord saying enter you oh my servant pleased and pleasing.  However, This Surah doesn't end with divinely inspired leadership. Allah reminds us that He created each and everyone one of us in the most Excellent of moulds. And shows us that we have a choice to rise to the occasion as the baton is passed on to us from our leader or we can lower our selves down to our base desires and live on our bellies with the lowest of creatures.
      Allah gives us clear instructions on how to achieve our excellence in community life by believing and doing righteous deeds.  Allah concludes the Surah with "Then what can after this contradict you as to the Judgment to come? Is not Allah the wisest of Judges?"

      I love my husband and I wish I could spend the rest of my life with him but as my life on this earth will continue after I die, my only prayer for myself is that in this life I can qualify by working and believing and assisting in the community life to be his wife among the ranks of the righteous in the hereafter. I as well as all of us have a lot of hard work to do to qualify. So I conclude with a community prayer, the Al-Fatiha...and yes it is a community prayer notice that every pronoun is "we" ...we ask you for help...guide us...it is not a personal prayer.

      Al-Fatiha (The Opening)
      With Allah's Name The Merciful Benefactor The Merciful Redeemer
      Praise be to Allah, Lord of all systems of knowledge
      The Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer;
      Master of the Day of Judgment.
      You do we worship and Your aid we seek
      Show us the straight way.
      The way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.
      Ameen.