GIFTS ON 'EID DAY

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2007

      GIFTS ON 'EID DAY

      By: Imam W Deen Mohammed

      It was the way of the Prophet and the early Muslims to give gifts on the 'Eid Day. So we should give gifts to our family and to our relatives. Husband and wives should give gifts to each other. We should give gifts, if we can afford it, to other Muslims, especially if we know that they need it.

      And I would say even give gifts to your Christian relatives. Don't give gifts on Christ­mas. You're not obligated to give gifts on Christmas. That is their holiday. But appreciate their gifts that they give you on Christmas and when your holiday comes give them a gift on your holiday. Say to them, "This is our holiday and we give gifts." On their holidays they give gifts and on our holiday we give gifts.

      You should not only give gifts to your Christian relatives but also to your Christian friends. There might be a Christian friend that you want to give a gift to. Perhaps you wanted to give a gift to them all year but now 'Eid comes and you say, "Oh I remember so and so. I'm going give him a gift." Give him a gift and explain to him that, "This the end of our fast month and we're celebrating the victory of our fasting, the blessing of the fast month and we're sharing with you some of what we have. We would like to give you a gift." Wouldn't that be beautiful? That is beautiful and some of you are doing that. Yes, I know. I have met some that are doing that and I want you to feel comfortable doing it, because I think that is what we are supposed to do.