Protection from Blind Obedience

  • Mubaashir Uqdah
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2006

      Printed from Front Page Muslim Journal

      Protection from Blind Obedience

      Comments by Imam W. Deen Mohammed

      "Identifying somewhat with the critics who loathe organized religion for its excessive promotion of blind obedience to the discredit of the created worth and intelligence of the multitudes of innocent populations, I trust Allah Most Merciful to protect us from slipping and falling under the spell of worldly arts. Our being fond of a style of expression or an appealing effect we aim for is sometimes our own self-worked pitfall.

      "I wish to never be noticed for having anything other than an `Islamic' concern for the premier cause of moral consistency on the part of religion. When one tries to gain a more mature appreciation for organized religion by faithfully examining it to see its moral contribution to moral consistency, to the peruser's regrets, a presence of poetic license is seen betraying, overruling and selling out man's premier cause of moral consistency."

      — Imam W. Deen Mohammed