The Qur'an should be studied by all believers

  • yahya ibn muldrow
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2006
      The Qur'an should be studied by all believers

       "We will show them Our signs in the farthest regions, and within their own selves until it becomes manifest to them that this is the Truth." (Holy Qur'an 41:53)

      O mankind !  We have created you male and female, and have made you nations and tribes that ye may know one another. the noblest of you, in the sight of Allah, is the best in conduct.  GOD is Knower, Aware (49:13 The Holy Quran)

      O mankind! The messenger hath come to you with the truth from your Lord , Therefore believe;(it is) better for you .But if you disbelieve , still  , unto GOD belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and earth.GOD is the ever knower , wise(4:170 The Holy Quran)

      Islam is a portable religion that you can put in your bag and carry it wherever you go. It has no priesthood. These are the important features of Islam. It has no order for qualifying its leaders to preach Islam. What qualifies us is our respect and studious labor to understand G-d's Word given to us in the Qur'an.

      The Qur'an is not to be kept by any priestly order or by any clergy. The Holy Qur'an's language will never become a dead language. It is not given to us as Arabic to practice in some kind of religious circle or order and to have another language for our secular world or for the public. No. It is the language for the common man.

      No matter how much you are deprived of a formal education, if you say you have become a Muslim, you were converted, or if you were born a Muslim, you are obligated to study the Qur'an. You are obligated to learn to read, if you don't know how to read, so that you can read the Book that G-d gave to all of us - learned and unlearned, the rich and the poor. This is Islam.

      You won't have any excuse in the Day of Judgment. G-d will say, "Didn't you know that the Qur'an was for every man and woman? Did you try to read it to see what I said there?" And we are obligated to study history and it is available to learn about Muhammed the Prophet. He is our first guide, our first teacher, our model of the human life that Allah wants of all of us and that He created us with.

      This is a new day. The Qur'an or "what is to be read," that is its meaning, and it is also called "that to be recited." The Prophet established the practice of having all the people who learned Islam to recite the Qur'an. No matter what your position or status is in the society, you are obligated to read Qur'an and to recite it. Our public is supposed to know how to read Qur'an.........

      Most of you here know how to recite al-Fatihah, the opening chapter of the Qur'an and the most important chapter. By the learned scholars, it is called the whole of the Qur'an condensed, like a concentrated drink that has to be mixed with water. That one chapter we are obligated to say in our formal prayers and at all important occasions. And Muslims will say part of it for all serious occasions: With G-d's Name, the Merci-ful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer.

      This includes the Names of G-d, particularly Ar-Rah-man. And there is a whole chapter in the Qur'an that elaborates on the name, Ar-Rahman. If you want to see G-d as Ar-Rahman, then read the chapter in the Qur'an by that title. The Qur'an is a Book of reading and of recital.

      G-d tells us in this Book that what He gave Muhammed is not something newly formed, but it is what was revealed to those who came before Muhammed and a clarification of what they were given from G-d and an explanation, so we will know how to apply it in our time, our life. And it is a conclusion, as we have it worded here: "The Qur'an, the Final Frontier."

      There is also a chapter in Qur'an translated as "The Conclusion" or "The Unity." It tells us that for Islam, "Unity is the conclusion." The word plainly says "con-clusion," but the language of the chapter also says "unity." It begins with the Unity or Oneness of G-d: "Say, 'G-d is only One Alone.'" It means that He has no gods with Him. And that is what the Old Testament says: "Make no gods with Me.".....

      The Qur'an came back to reinforce that in Suratui Ikhlas or the chapter called The Conclusion. The Qur'an then also is revealed to conclude matters. What matters? Not the matters of our Pop Culture; it doesn't address this kind of stuff. It is the matters of revelations, what has come to the people of G-d from G-d as revelation. It comes to conclude those matters.

      (Imam W. Deen Mohammed - Muslim Journal 6-7-02 to 7-5-02)