Souls are expressions and branches of the one soul

  • yahya ibn muldrow
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2005

      Comments at an all Sisters session – 3/8/2003

      Souls are expressions and branches of the one soul

       Imam W.D. Mohammed:

      This is responding to a question about the soul after a person dies, the soul of that person. We talked about the soul as one soul, we are one human soul and all other souls are expressions and branches of that one soul, the human soul. In fact we are nothing but that same - - if you can imagine this bottle of water, the water in this bottle being all the souls on earth in their original form as G-d created it,-that is the human form with human sensitivity.

      The original soul with its human sensitivities as G-d made it in the beginning, if you can imagine this bottle of water being all of that.

      The soul is the real life, race, culture is merely its dress

      Q.13.4; Differing plants from the same one water

       My soul is from this water, your soul and every other human soul is from this water, just as this water is in this bottle no change. But once we become conscious then just like water feeds a corn seed and the corn seed becomes a corn stalk and the stalk bears ears of corn, right? The same one Allah (swt) says, and the same water comes down and waters the life but some life comes up superior, some life comes up inferior.

       So it is the same water, same soul. But when it comes into us and we become conscious then that water takes on form and it becomes Warith Ud Din Mohammed, it becomes you and then our life the way we live and in the environment where we live makes us different. But all of us should keep the purity that we got out of this bottle because what we are dressing up is the soul. The soul is the life, it is the real life and our culture, our ethnicity, our racial characteristics and racial spirit all of that is nothing but expressions, dress up that we put on this original water.

      If you dress up this original water without a respect for this original water, without a love and respect for this original water, you're not keeping the content a good human, you can't go far. So the nations who have left their humanity and they are just Africans or Nigerians or Ghanians and the African Americans over here, you're nothing but black people or you're African American hi you're not in touch with your human essence in its purity, you will not go far.

       The only life that can go far is the original human nature.  America has built its whole society on the recognition of what I'm telling you right now. "We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal and endowed with certain inalienable rights." So they are talking about the soul and it says that government cannot  give you this and government can't take it away. That is the wisdom of the founding fathers and they perceive the human nature being the basis of life for human beings and that is the life that they have to base the rights available to citizens on.

      The rights available to citizens are based upon your right to that life and that's the life that wants to pursue happiness, that's the life that wants to have dignity and respect in the world. You lose that you don't want much, the average black person they don't want much, they want just what you give your dog.

       You give your dog food, you give your dog a place to live and a place to bark and carry on, let it go out for walks and you let your dog have sex sometimes. That is all they want, they want no more than what you give a dog. As Allah says in Quran, "They want no more than what cattle have." Their life is just no more than the life of cattle.   In the Quran it says, "Some of them are worst than cattle," they are more inferior than cattle, cattle has more social dignity than they have, more family respect than they have. So if you lose this you lost everything, then you are no more than animals, you are not human anymore. And you will have no more vision and future than animals if you lose that.

       Resurrection of the dead based on good deeds

       Q. 75.3-4; Resurrect the dead

      3. Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones (resurrection)?

      4. Nay We are able to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers.

      So this is the soul, this is what lives, this will be resurrected and whatever of your life that conforms to this that was a good complement to this, that will be you in the resurrection. I used to wonder about the resurrection of the dead, I know the dead are resurrected, I know there is eternal life I don't believe anymore only. I know that there is a resurrection of the dead and there is eternal life.

      Some Imams think they know everything

      Here is the problem, some of us get wisdom like some of our Imams, one is a very good friend of mine, he has gotten so much wisdom until he thinks he knows how to translate all the language and he thinks he knows everything. So since the language is addressing this world that we live in now even in its symbolism and mysteries about heaven and about the drink in heaven, (hey will drink of a water like camphor and they will drink of the water of salsabil.

      All these names, it has reference to this life, everything has reference to this life here on earth that we live right now. But the Prophet (pbuh) didn't tell us disbelieve in the hereafter, he said that whatever is in the print in the Quran also his own teachings, his own words have a direct reference and an implied one.

      So if we get one there is still another, so if I have connected the language of Quran or the language of the Prophet (pbuh) with my life presently I must understand that there is another connection and that other connection is the life eternal.

      The soul lives forever only the body dies

      The soul lives forever, we may die but the original soul lives for ever. But if we dress our life up to conform to the original soul we will be resurrected. In the Quran Allah (swt) says, "They think they can't be reproduced? Yes they will be reproduced, even their finger tips." That was said when they had not used fingerprints, that was a thousand years before they started using fingerprints and Allah (swt) says in the Quran that He will reproduce your fingerprint with the design there just like it is.

      I'm a believer in whatever Allah (swt) says I believe it, I do not question it. And if I do not understand it I do not bother it I wait until I can understand it. And if I die not understanding it at least I died believing. Allah (swt) says, "Die not unless on faith." I believe it so much now I know that Allah (swt) will resurrect us. And not only that, your relatives. The sister asked about the soul, Allah (swt) says sister, "That your relatives will be resurrected too," that Allah (swt) will bless them to have a new world life. Let me tell you what it will be, G-d has blessed to me to know. It is not going to be in this world as you see it now, one day this universe is going to go away and Allah (swt) is going to reproduce this whole universe.

      Q. 79.46; Death resurrection seem like only a night or day

      "The Day they see it (it will be) as if they had tarried but a single evening or (at most till) the following morn!"

       The sun will be gone, the moon will be gone, now you may say, "That is trillions and billions of light-years away," but Allah (swt) says for the soul that dies when they wake up in this new world they will say, "It looks like it only was one night or a day." Because you don't have any time, when you die time is gone, so you will be awakened and you will think you just went to sleep and woke up and it will be a new creation.

      When Allah (swt) said all of this stuff that you're looking at is perishable, He revealed to Muhammad (pbuh) that all that we're looking at is passing away. The sun, the moon, the stars, the earth, everything is passing away.   Science hadn't yet discovered that, now science says the sun is dying, it says the whole universe is going to go away and the energy is going to collapse upon itself.   And the force of it is going to make it spring out again into flame and into energy and create a new universe, that is their theory now.   But where did they get the inspiration from, you think they will acknowledge to you and say, "Yes we were reading the Quran and we thought about it, this is a good theory?" Or, "We read the Bible and we thought about it, this is a good theory?" They won't acknowledge that, they keep the two separate they won't acknowledge that. And that is why their world stays messed up. If they ever come straight we will see a much more beautiful world than we see now, if they come straight with Allah (swt).

      Q. 13.23; Family members joined in hereafter

      "Gardens of perpetual bliss: they shall enter there as well as the righteous among their fathers their spouses and their offspring: and angels shall enter unto them from every gate (with the salutation): "

      Bukhari 9.532b; Believers intercede take people out of hell

      Abu Said Al Khudri reported the Prophet said, "You (Muslims) cannot be more pressing in claiming from me a right that has been clearly proved to be yours than the believers in interceding with Almighty for their (Muslim) brothers on that Day, when they see themselves safe. They will say, 'O Allah! (Save) our brothers (for they) used to pray with us, fast with us and also do good deeds with us.' Allah will say, 'Go and take out (of Hell) anyone in whose heart you find faith equal to the weight of one (gold) Dinar.' Allah will forbid the Fire to burn the faces of those sinners.

      They will go to them and find some of them in Hell (Fire) up to their feet, and some up to the middle of their legs. So they will take out those whom they will recognize and then they will return, and Allah will say (to them), 'Go and take out (of Hell) anyone in whose heart you find faith equal to the weight of one half Dinar."    They will take out whomever they will recognize and return, and then Allah will say, 'Go and take out (of Hell) anyone in whose heart you find faith equal to the weight of an atom (or a smallest ant), and so they will take out all those whom they will recognize."

      We will be resurrected and your family members who have passed away they will be resurrected and if you love your family members enough, just your love for them will make Allah (swt) forgive them for a lot of their wrong and join them back with you and the time will be only like one night passed. You just select the questions, I don't mind hot, heated questions in fact I love them they engage my energies but I don't like nasty insulting questions, don't send any disrespect for me or anybody else.