Celebrating The Prophet Muhammed's Birthday

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2014
      Celebrating The Prophet Muhammed's Birthday
      By Imam W Deen Mohammed (raa)

      Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus so some Muslims started celebrating the birth of Prophet Muhammed. We’re doing it in innocence (but) our Prophet didn’t ask us to love him in that kind of way. He wants us to love him by obeying the Word of G-d, in obedience to G-d. You can love someone in the wrong way and hurt yourself and hurt them. Was there a promotion of Prophet Mohammed's birthday in his lifetime? Was it immediately after his death? No. When G-d says his uswa is He saying follow his birthday, his personality? His uswa, his model means his human excellence in the proper balance that G-d wanted it in. His life was proportioned and balanced as G-d created it to be. It has nothing to do with the color of his skin, texture of his hair,(etc.) It is derived from the same word we get balance from; sewa. Uswa means the model, form, condition, state in the Prophet.