Why is Muhammed Our Prophet?

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2013

      Why is Muhammed Our Prophet?

      By Imam W. Deen Mohammed

      Again As-Salaamu Alaikum to you all. That is peace   be   unto   you.   Bismillah-hir   Rahman-nir Raheem.     With     G'd's     Name,     The     Merciful Benefactor,     The     Merciful     Redeemer.     This presentation     is     "Why    is     Muhammed    Our Prophet?"   Now  firstly,   we   didn't  say:  Why  is Muhammed   our   messenger.   We   said:   Why   is Muhammed  our Prophet?  It would  be strongly forbidden for anyone who claims to be a Muslim to say,     Muhammed     is     our     messenger.     No, Muhammed is only G'd's Messenger, Muhammed is    only   Allah's    Messenger.    We    didn't    give Muhammed a message to give anybody. It was Allah, The Creator of all worlds and all things. It was Allah who gave Muhammed the Qur'an as a message from G'd to the whole world of mankind, or to the whole world of human beings. So it would be very sinful of us to say Muhammed  is our messenger,   after   understanding   what   we   are saying. But we all say-as little children entering high   school,   entering   grade   school,   entering preschool,    little   children   are   taught   to   say, "Muhammed is our Prophet". In Arabic, those who speak Arabic they would say, the little child would say, as we say as adults, "Muhammed nabee-yee", "Muhammed is my Prophet". This is very deep in philosophical richness. And I won't take you in that direction  but I will simply say that the way to understand  this  is  that  G'd  put  in  the  human beings' nature, the nature of our soul and psyche;

      He created the soul or psyche of the human being to sense what's going to come in the future. So on a much smaller plane or on a much smaller level all human beings have this particular property that enables us to see the future or to sense the future and if danger is in it, we alarm the people. So Revelation on the high classical level of classical scripture was second. First was: human beings' soul and   psyche   or   soul   and   sensitivities   sensing something  coming,   something   [that's]   going  to happen  that would  be  bad  and  alarming their surroundings, alarming those around them that, Something bad is going to happen. I feel it, I sense it, I know it's going to happen. So the fulfillment of this   particular   property   or   capacity   in   human beings' make-up becomes very, very evident and very, very significant or meaningful in our life for the whole of mankind when G'd raises above the !;      ground  level  His  servants  and  messengers:  the prophets. He raises them up and then we see this capacity in us  looming in  its fullness after G'd communicates to man's soul and psyche. So that's why we say, "Muhammed is our Prophet".

      So what have I said so far? I have said that the average Muslim does not even know the correct answer to why Muhammed is our Prophet. They will give an answer and it's good and accepted and it's beautiful and it's what we expect to come first as an expression of why. And that is: he is our Prophet because Allah chose him and because Allah gave him the Qur'an for all mankind and Allah made the Qur'an the book and the Prophet a mercy to all the worlds. So we can go on and on. That's why Muhammed is our Prophet. But those who think a little further or think a little deeper they will say Muhammed is our Prophet because he's not an angel and we're not angels. We need to follow a human being. He's not a god. He's not a deity and we need to have a human being as a model, not a god. Because who would worry about a god being cheated by society? Or meeting a crook at the store and losing all his money? Who would worry about that if it's a god? You don't worry about a god. A god takes care of himself in all situations. And who would worry about an angel? We don't worry about angels. Angels take care of themselves in all situations. G'd has assigned the angels, G'd's protection is always with the angels. The angel doesn't make mistakes. The angel has no mind to question. So on a higher level or on a deeper insight, we say Muhammed is our Prophet because he's a mortal like us. He's a human being of blood and flesh like we are. He needed someone to protect him when he was a child. He was born without a father. His father died too soon. He was not able to have the support of a father in his life. And his mother died' too soon for him to really have the support of a mother in his life. And he became an orphan child. And family members and those who cared, they became his guardians. Also Muhammed the Prophet carried the burden on his heart of the ignorance and suffering of humanity, of his people firstly that he saw in Arabia. But he had traveled outside of Arabia to Syria and some other places. He knew about the suffering of mankind on this earth, of people, families, and society on this earth. He knew about that suffering. And he chose to seek help from the higher authority and from what was responsible for existence, for the existence of the world, the material world, or the natural world before man's influences and also Who was responsible for man in his life and his world and his future. So he wanted an answer and he went away from his people and went up in the mountain of An-Nur, Jabbul An-Nur, the Mountain of Enlightenment. It was not called that before he went up there. The enlightenment came to him there that's why it's called the Jabbul An-Nur, the Mountain of Enlightenment. He went up there with the burden of humanity on his heart and he got guidance from Allah, from G'd. And he came back down and he said I am no god, I am no angel, I am a mortal human being just like you.

      We need models that we can follow without putting up excuses. If we have a human model that's just human, mortal just like us then what excuse do we have for not following him? But if we have a model that can't do wrong, that gives us an excuse not to follow him: [we might say] Well, he's no model for me, he can't do any wrong. Has he proven that he could be me and succeed with my life? Has he proven that he could be a human and succeed with a human life? But if he is a divine and a human all at once, then the divine comes to the rescue of the human and really he's not exposed to human fate. He's already assured that he will not be exposed to human fate for his fate is divine always, if he is divine inside of a human body. We need a human model to take us to human life as G'd wants it on this planet earth. And if we follow that model we will earn the Holy Spirit. It will come into us. We will earn the Word of G'd, it will come into us. So eventually we will have the divine in us, but the divine will not change our nature we will still be human and I want to go to heaven as a human being. Well, I don't know how much time we got left, but we're going to try to work with what we got left to say a few more things about Why Muhammed is our Prophet.

      In the tradition of Islam, the Islamic tradition, we know that the Prophet himself said that he was sent into the world for the express purpose of guiding man to the excellence of character. And Allah says that He created the human beings expressly for His Mercy. Now if we look at the two of these: the need to earn G'd's' Mercy or the need to qualify for His gift of His Mercy and the need to be motivated toward the excellence of human character. We look at the two of these. Now, Prophet Muhammed he is said to have been already established upon the excellence of human character before G'd called him to be His servant and messenger. When G'd gave him Qur'an, and G'd says of him, "he is a mercy to all the worlds." So the first mercy was already reality for Muhammed. The first mercy is the excellence of human nature, the excellence of human creation expressed as the excellence of human character.

      In Qur'anic Arabic, character and creation are tied together. Creation is [spelled with a] "Kha". Character is also "Khuluq", from the same basic root. Three letters: "Kha-Lam-Qaf", "Khuluq". The same letters for creation: "Khaliq", "Kha-Lam-Qaf". Same letters, just different pronunciation.

      So Why is Muhammed our Prophet? It is because he answers the need in our creation to have the urge and needs in our soul fulfilled to completion. In concluding this, G'd says "Ka'afatan Lin-Nas". Muhammed is sufficient as fulfilling the needs for everything that man would have a need for or wish for, Muhammed, as a human being, Muhammed fulfills all of that. All our human needs are fulfilled completely. "Ka'afa" means completely, nothing else is left to be done. So he is called "Ar-Rajulu Taam". He's called the complete man and he is also called "Ar-Rajulu Kaamil". Meaning both perfect and complete. He is "Taamin" and "Kaamil", perfect and complete. What is that saying to us? It is saying that all of us human beings have a need in our soul to keep improving upon our life until we perfect that life for the mold that G'd put it in. And we complete it, not only perfect it, but complete it. Man is not complete if he only wants rituals and not an established life in community. He's not complete. He is only complete when he fulfills both the spiritual life and the mortal life. Thank you very much and I hope I have said enough to answer the question: Why is Muhammed our Prophet?