Qur'an in 30 Sections: Is That For A Reason?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2013

      7/31/2004

      Adult Dawa Classes Chicago, Illinois

      Qur'an in 30 Sections: Is That For A Reason?

      By Imam W. Deen Mohammed

      We want to get out the 30th juza'a Amma that is the name they have given the last 30th of the Qur'an. The Qur'an is divided in 30 parts, 1 through 30 sections. Is that for a reason? Do you think it is just 30. Do you think 30 doesn't have significance in the Qur'an?

      Jesus betrayed for 30 pieces of silver, Joseph sold for 20 pieces of silver

      Qur'an 12.20; Joseph sold

      "The (Brethren) sold him for a miserable price for a few dirhams counted out: in such low estimation did they hold him!

      Genesis 37:28; Joseph sold for 20 pieces of silver

      [28] Then there passed by Midianites merchantmen; and they drew and lifted up Joseph out of the pit, and sold Joseph to the Ishmeelites for twenty pieces of silver: and they brought Joseph into Egypt.

      Matthew 26:15; Jesus betrayed for 30 pieces of silver

      "And said (Judas) unto them, What will ye give me, and I will deliver him (Jesus) unto you? And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver."

      They sold Joseph for 20 pieces of silver. This is better than Arabic. If you have this in Yiddish it is better than Arabic. They sold Joseph for twenty pieces of silver. They betrayed Jesus for thirty pieces of silver. This is the Bible. You youngsters this is for the Imam. There are a few here and we have some students here who study the religion to understand the things that are not explained or are not obvious.

      Joseph rational mind was moral

      They betrayed Jesus Christ for 30 pieces of silver, so here is Joseph representing one orientation in the mind or in the mental make-up of the person who is serving or striving for something. For Joseph it represents moral nature, his rational mind was moral. He did not have a rational mind that was secular. He was a perfect man in is moral nature, Jesus Christ, too, but Joseph typifies or represents that; whereas, Jesus Christ represents the spirit.

      Spirit is the third. The mind has two ( thought, reflection)

      The spirit has three. My rational mind has two, essentially, thought and reflection or thought and memory, thought and questioning, thought and examining, thought and re-thinking. That is the mind. That is the nature of everybody's mind, thought and re-call. Joseph was not like the average person who just thinks for whatever situation. Whatever the Prophet Joseph did or thought it was governed by righteousness or moral conscience. He refused to do wrong even when it would help him a lot personally to do wrong.

      Qur'an 12.23-28, 30-32; Women tempted Joseph

      If he had satisfied the big lady, the wife of the ruler who wanted him for her man, he could have gotten a lot because she was the big boss's wife. He could have gotten a lot from her, but he refused her. And he refused those ladies under her who wanted him too. He was accused by the lady of being forward with her and he was saved by his shirt that was torn from behind. It showed that the lady who wanted him was holding him, so that was the proof that he was innocent.

      Jesus Christ is three: Body, mind and spirit

      Jesus Christ is spirit and spirit comes naturally. Before it reaches the conscience its nature for us is just to be good, to be innocent, to not to want to do wrong. So the spirit is in our body, that is, in the body. The spirit is good in the body. Then the spirit comes to the mind; flesh, mind, these are the stages. The baby is born flesh. The baby becomes conscious, now his spirit is in his mind or expressed from his mind, not only from is body; that is two. And you know _____ said body mind, right? And we just mentioned Joseph, Yusuf, in Arabic, being typical of the mind, thought and reflection, that is the second.