Imam Mohammed's Words Belong to the Community

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2012

      By Sister Khadijah Siddeeq-Mohammed

      Imam Mohammed's Words Belong to the Community

      With The Name of Allah, The Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer

      Imam Mohammed's words define our community and the community must have undeniable access to them without having to ask permission first. Imam Mohammed's works are not primarily a means to make money. They are a means with which to sustain the life in our community and give or sustain life in other communities. One very important reason the community must have unimpeded access to his works is that Imam Mohammed's words DEFINE our community. Think about it. We call ourselves `the community of Imam W.D. Mohammed'. We didn't follow a person just to follow a person. We followed a logic and an understanding that we found in his teachings. Thus it is only appropriate that we see his works as belonging to the community and not to any individual.