1195Muhammed is G_d's Messenger and our Prophet

    Jun 28, 2014

      Ramadan Session 2007
      Muhammed is G_d's Messenger and our Prophet
      By Imam W Deen Mohammed (raa)

      Muhammed is our Prophet and our model. You are supposed to say, "Our Prophet". You never should say is, "Our messenger". If you do, you are ignorant, or you are making a big violation. He is not our messenger. He is G_d's messenger. We did not send him, but he is our prophet, Allah's messenger. What is that saying to us, brother? It is saying to us Muhammed is the model for all human beings and he is the Prophet of those who accept him as the messenger of G_d. For them he is their prophet, but he is also, by reasoning, the prophet for all mankind.

      All mankind should one day, I don't know, Allah says He made us different and He made us with the privilege to be different; so we will differ. And G_d says in His holy book, the Qur'an, that they will differ.

      "Mankind was but one nation but differed (later). Had it not been for a word that went forth before from thy Lord their differences would have been settled between them." - Holy Qur'an 10.19

      So people are going to differ and Muhammed, the Prophet, G_d blessed him to see those in heaven. Allah showed him the heavens and he saw the followers of Moses and Jesus and his own followers in that picture, upon the prophets be peace.

      Ibn Abbass reported Allah's (swt) Apostle (pbuh) said, -Nations were displayed before me; one or two prophets would pass by along with a few followers. A prophet would pass by accompanied by nobody. Then a big crowd of people passed in front of me and I asked, 'Who are they? Are they my followers?' It was said, 'No. It is Moses and his followers.' It was said to me, 'Look at the horizon.' Behold! There was a multitude of people filling the horizon. Then it was said to me, 'Look there and there about the stretching sky!' Behold! There was a multitude filling the horizon. It was said to me, This is your nation out of whom seventy thousand shall enter Paradise without reckoning.'" - Bukhari 7.606

      That tells us that we should never expect that everybody on earth is going to believe the same way. But we should just work to extend goodness as much as we can do it. That is, don't give up, promote goodness always and hope the people will conform. But do not expect them all to do that, because G_d says if He had wanted them to be all the same He would have made them the same.

      "If thy Lord had so willed He could have made mankind one People: but they will not cease to dispute." - Holy Qur'an 11:118

      So He gives them the freedom. G_d gives His human creation freedom. Would G_d create a human being or a creature to think on his own and then not permit him to do that? Think about that.