RE: [LandUseBurlington] RE: LP Zoning Warrant Article [1 Attachment]

  • Ernest Zabolotny
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 15, 2013
      All: With respect to market realities- Since there are already 37 communities who have adopted legislation similar or identical to that proposed, there should be no market issues, that is, those market considerations related to availability of appropriate equipment or availability to install and operate the same. With regard to Town staff readiness, once alerted to the new requirements, I believe that contacting counterparts in nearby communities which have already implemented such regulations should facilitate a rapid if not immediate learning curve.  Ernie Z.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 15, 2013

        Good Afternoon,

             Planning Board and Staff are not opposed to the concept of the article and agree that the planning and environmental professions are trending in this direction. With all bylaw amendments we must ensure that they work within the framework of the existing bylaws and regulations and that the town is prepared for the administration necessary to enforce such regulations for them to be effective. It may be helpful to both depts. and TMM to gather some "case study" information from the 37 towns or from lighting industry professionals.

        Kristin

        Kristin E. Kassner, AICP

        Planning Director

        Town of Burlington