Land Use Committee meeting agenda Monday, Jan 28, 2013

  • Sally Willard
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2013

    Agenda for our next meeting is attached.

    Sally

    Sally Willard

    Home: 781-229-6530

    Cell:    781-929-6869

    @sallywillard

  • Ernest Zabolotny
    Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2013
      All: We had a chance to talk with MACP and DOT people at the NSPCA meeting in Winchester today about our request for MAPC involvement in the Middlesex infrastructure study. We received a verbal, qualified yes to the question of MAPC willingness to manage such a study. It was stated that they do not believe that they have the in-house technical expertise to perform the work themselves but agreed that some of the land use and traffic issues could be addressed directly by them. They now appreciate that what is being sought is a screening study to identify needs and general solutions that would then be the object of detailed engineering evaluations. Our next step will be discussions with Ken Gordon to determine the best way of broaching the subject with Bedford, Lexington, and Woburn to determine under what circumstances they would join us to secure regional funding for the effort.

      On a separate issue, we did not discuss what we would include in a report to TM, which despite the delay in making a full presentation on the lighting issue, I believe we should still do. I suggest a brief statement on the following points:

      1. Continued work on zoning article changes  specifically the zoning warrant articles to be voted on this TM

      2.Work on the outdoor lighting ordinance anticipated to be ready for discussion and vote at Spring TM.

      3. Continued project development activity in relation to the Middlesex Turnpike Infrastructure Study. The opinion survey sent out to all TM members from the Clerk's office is meant to establish a priority task list for the study when combined with information developed in discussion with commercial entities in the area.

      It need not be more than a minute or two, but it would serve as a direct heads up on our efforts and allow someone, hopefully, to wonder how they might help us or maybe even join us.

       Ernie