Re: [LandUseBurlington] FW: Proposed "wall sign" zoning amendments

  • Paul and Jane
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2011
      Tony told me we voted on the whole PDD including the changes requested by Land use.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2011
        Hi Sally,

        The Planning Board limited the discussion at its most recent hearing to the revisions requested by this Committee, but the recommendation is for the entire Warrant Article (4 recommending favorably, 3 recommendingunfavorably).

        fax: 781-238-4689
        afields@...
      • Shari Ellis
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2011

          Tony,

          I have reviewed the Planning Board meeting from December 2nd and now realize that I was under the erroneous assumption that the Planning Board voted the changes to the Article and not the whole article.  Therefore I have a question regarding the legality of the existing vote…

          Since the public hearing for this article was restricted to only the changes recommended by Land Use Committee, would the vote on the entire article be out of order, since the Planning Board did not vote on the changes first?

          Shari

          The Planning Board limited the discussion at its most recent hearing to the revisions requested by this Committee, but the recommendation is for the entire Warrant Article (4 recommending favorably, 3 recommendingunfavorably).

          Tony.

          > The PB approved the Symes PDD. At some point in the last month someone
          said
          > the PB only approved the changes requested by Land Use and has yet to vote
          > the warrant article. Is that true? If so, will the article be voted?
          >

          > Thanks,
          >

          > Sally Willard
          >
          > Home: 781-229-6530
          >
          > Cell: 781-929-6869

          w:st="on">MA 01803
          > 781-270-1645
          > afields@...
          <mailto:afields%40burlmass.org>

          > Paul A. Valleli wrote:
          > > Sally, Tony,
          > > On a quick scan, I see nothing about illuminated signs, lumen output,
          > > location, etc. In a different section of the By-Law ?
          > > I noted that the new illuminated free-standing sign in front of St.
          > > Marks
          w:st="on">Church on Bedford/Terrace Hall is much too bright at night ( in

          href="mailto:sally%40sallywillard.com">sally@...
          > <mailto:sally%40sallywillard.com> >
          > > *Subject:* [LandUseBurlington] FW: Proposed "wall sign"
          zoning
          > > amendments [3 Attachments]
          > > *To:* <landuseburlington@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:landuseburlington%40yahoogroups.com> >

          > > [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from Sally Willard included below]
          > >

          > > All,
          > >
          > > I'm forwarding Tony's note and draft amendment AND documents I
          > > received from
          > > the Town Administrator's office last Thursday.
          > >
          > > I will schedule our next meeting for Wednesday, January 5, 2011.
          > >
          > > Sally
          > >
          > > Sally Willard
          > > Home: 781-229-6530
          > >
          > > Cell: 781-929-6869

          Town
          > > Meeting.
          > >
          > > Confirmation of which other zoning matters may be heading to town
          > > meeting
          > > will be determined at the January 6th Planning Board meeting.
          > >
          > > Tony.
          > >
          > > --
          > > D. Anthony Fields, AICP
          > > Planning Director
          > > Town of Burlington
          > > 25 Center Street
          > > Burlington ,
          w:st="on">MA 01803
          > > 781-270-1645
          > > afields@... <mailto:afields%40burlmass.org>
          > <mailto:afields%40burlmass.org>

          D. Anthony Fields, AICP
          Planning Director
          Town of Burlington
          25 Center Street
          Burlington , MA 01803
          781-270-1645
          fax: 781-238-4689
          afields@...

        • Moyer, Karen A.
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 5, 2011
            Apologies - I thought I sent this earlier today. Must have been out of it.

            Hi Everyone,
            I'm home with a cold/flu (yes I had my flu shot) and won't make the meeting tonight. Really, you don't want me there - its very contagious.
            Karen

            ________________________________

            The Planning Board limited the discussion at its most recent hearing to the revisions requested by this Committee, but the recommendation is for the entire Warrant Article (4 recommending favorably, 3 recommendingunfavorably).

            Tony.

            > The PB approved the Symes PDD. At some point in the last month someone said
            > the PB only approved the changes requested by Land Use and has yet to vote
            > the warrant article. Is that true? If so, will the article be voted?
            >

            > Thanks,
            >

            > Sally Willard
            >
            > Home: 781-229-6530
            >
            > Cell: 781-929-6869

            D. Anthony Fields, AICP
            Planning Director
            Town of Burlington
            25 Center Street
            Burlington, MA 01803
            781-270-1645
            fax: 781-238-4689
            afields@...

            See our web page at http://www.lahey.org for a full directory of Lahey sites, staff, services and career opportunities.

            THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE PERSON TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED. IT MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records.