Town Elections - workers needed

  • Sally Willard
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 6:33 PM

      If you’re not doing anything on Saturday, April 10, 2010, please consider spending either a half or full day working at the polls on (Town) Election Day.  There are 2 shifts – 7:30 –(1:30 or 2) and (1:30 or 2) to 8:30.

      As sometimes happens, there are a few “regular” poll workers who can’t work that day because of conflicts: they are running for a town-wide position, are a close relative of someone running for a town-wide position or are active in a campaign.  That means there are a few openings.  If you’re on the ballot for a Town Meeting seat in a contested election, you can still work but you’ll be assigned to a precinct other than yours.  If you’re related to someone running for a town-wide office, you’ll have to pass on this opportunity.

      I began working at the polls at the Gore-Bush election – I thought it would be interesting and a great civics lesson.  I’ve worked every election since then because it’s still interesting.  Town elections tend to be quiet and a very social time.  That said, no politics are allowed in the polls.

      If you’re interested, please contact Amy Warfield (awarfield@...).

      Thanks,

      Sally

      _________________________________
      Sally Willard

      www.sallywillard.com
      781-929-6869 cell
      781-229-6530 home
      208-275-5800 fax

      P "Please consider our environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail or any attachments"

    • Phyllis Roussell
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2 6:45 AM

        Hi Sally, I would LOVE to do it! I am on a poll worker volunteer list so this is great. The earlier the better…oops I just read to the end of your e-mail… I’ll contact Amy. thanks

[...]

        If you’re interested, please contact Amy Warfield (awarfield@burlmass. org).

        Thanks,

        Sally

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2 6:50 AM

          Sorry all; I thought I was just responding to Sally