      All
      Am I missing some information?  I know that Bldg. 19 is in bankruptcy proceedings, however I have not heard that the parcel is up for a rezoning... So please let me know if I missed this info. If it is not up for a rezoning, then we really do not need to have discussion on this parcel.
      Shari

      On Nov 6, 2013, at 3:37 PM, "monte pearson" <mlpearson@...> wrote:

      You mean the developers were not willing to do mixed use development?

      Or that the developers were not willing to have affordable units.  Or both?

      From: LandUseBurlington@yahoogroups.com [mailto:LandUseBurlington@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of paul valleli
      Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 11:47 PM
      To: Paul, Sally, Shari
      Subject: RE: [LandUseBurlington] sally@... sent you an article from Boston Business Journal

      Monte,

      The building 19 property was grandfathered and zoned for general business. It now becomes part of the central business zone which runs from the liquor store near Arthur Woods Ave. on Cambridge St. southward to the High School.

      It is essentially a special PDD which allows mixed use development.

      It is supposed to enhance the town center with broad sidewalks, al fresco dining in the summer, and residences above storefronts.

      Most amenities are supposed to be a short walk from the apartments and condo.

      A moratorium was placed on building apartments because the developers were not willing to incorporate the concept in their plans and the current supply is more than adequate. Very few affordable units have been built.

      Paul

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic