913RE: [LandUseBurlington] Re: sally@sallywillard.com sent you an article from Boston Business Journal-also Mercedes proposal

  • monte pearson
    Nov 6, 2013

      I see no reason why a “high end auto dealership” should be on any track for a PDD except the process that was set out by the reformed rules.  The question is – is this the highest and best use of this land?  Seems unlikely that is true for a parcel so near the highway.

      From: LandUseBurlington@yahoogroups.com [mailto:LandUseBurlington@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of paul valleli
      Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 12:00 AM
      To: Paul, Sally, Shari
      Subject: Re: [LandUseBurlington] Re: sally@... sent you an article from Boston Business Journal-also Mercedes proposal

      Monte,

      Remember that LUC holds hearings concurrently with the Planning Board, however, we do not vote until after PB votes.

      Several years ago,The governor and legislature requested that all city and town bodies accelerate the approval process and avoid unnecessary delays.  This does not mean that every development should be approved willy-nilly.

      80-82 Cambridge street is on such a fast track with the developer requesting that Town Meeting vote on the proposal at the January Town Meeting.

      I believe it is possible to do this but one problem is that if the PDD restricts the use to a "High End auto dealership", that future use of the land could be in jeopardy should no other developer wants to acquire the land in the far future.

      Paul

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic