894Re: [LandUseBurlington] Fwd: Introduction

  • Shari Ellis
    Oct 31, 2013
      All,
      I am happy to try and find a date that everyone can make, but in the last few years that I have been around, that never happens.  That being said, I will chose 4 dates  All meetings would be at 7:00PM, as I hear that is more preferable. Please reply and let us know which dates you can attend, and then the one with the most attendees available will be the next meeting.  At that meeting we can work on a more permanent time and day of the week that is preferable to all.  Please reply ASAP in order that we can get this meeting posted and an agenda made.
      Dates:
      Monday November 18th:
      Tuesday November 19th:
      Monday November 25th:
      Tuesday December 3rd:

      As and aside; I have met with the folks at the Clerks office and have heard that if a Chairperson is not elected, it will be appointed (I am assuming by the Moderator, although that is not certain).
      Please reply to all, that way we can keep track of results.
      Thank you
      Shari

      On 10/31/2013 12:29 PM, webbdf@... wrote:

      Happy, happy, Sox win!!

      As I said I cannot make the 18th. Given that we have flexibility can't we have the meeting on a week everyone can make?
      I was told that Ernie had been asked to step down from LUC for reasons unclear to me. I don't think holding another comm. position is a problem but maybe it is with Budget. But I would love to have him back advising us!

      Dave

      On 10/30/13, Shari Ellis<samandlee@...> wrote:

      All,

      • Regarding responsibilities: As Secretary, I would be happy to take responsibility for scheduling and posting meetings.  I will check in with Town Hall and let them know, and then if I need further assistance I will get in touch with Sally.  A suggestion for the agenda, I would simply put on the first item: "reorganization of Land Use Committee" - that way we are covered to discuss all positions (I will cover that Wendy, if you are in agreement).
      • Regarding re-appointing Ernie - I would love too, however, he is Chair of Capitol Budget Committee and therefore is committed elsewhere.
      • Regarding next meeting date:  I am available on the 18th, and like the Monday evening idea, and do not have a preference of starting time.  I think if everyone (who has not already) would reply all to this email and state their preferences (at least for the next meeting date) we can go from there.  Once we get a quorum reply, I will sent up the meeting place and post the agenda

      Hope this all helps us move forward and thanks Wendy for getting the ball rolling!
      Anyone volunteering for Chairman position???????
      Happy Halloween and GO Sox!
      Shari

      On 10/29/2013 10:39 PM, Attorney Wendy Guthro wrote:

      I do not believe that there is a meeting scheduled, and I do not know who will be selected as a new member of the committee.

      I suggest we meet and figure out how to regroup since Sally's resignation.  Andrew, as co-chair, can you take the helm and run the next meeting?  I presume we need to contact Amy, Town Clerk, to book meeting space, publish meeting notice, and submit an agenda.  Joanne/Shari - do you know how to do that stuff? I took a stab at an agenda based on the last one we had from Sally for the September 11th meeting.  I put in date of Monday, November 18, 2013, without knowing meeting selection protocol, and filled in some basic stuff.  Andrew - Shari - Joanne - Paul - anyone.....know how to do this?  Is the 18th to soon? If not, does it work for the group? Sally.....where are you??? We already miss you!

      Wendy

      Wendy Guthro
      Attorney & Counsellor at Law

      Seventeen Treetop Court
      Burlington, Massachusetts 01803
      www.GuthroLaw.com
      Wendy@...
      781.229.0555

      Licensed in MA & NH
      This electronic message is intended to be viewed only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited without our prior permission. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, or if you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message and any copies of it from your computer system.

      Date:Mon, 28 Oct 2013 19:21:32 -0400 (EDT)
      From:Bernie Moreno <bernie@...>
      To:undisclosed-recipients:;

      Dear Burlington Town Meeting Member:
      I am excited to introduce myself to you as Burlington Town Meeting Members.  I’m Bernie Moreno founder and President of The Collection Auto Group (CAG), owner of 22 state-of-the-art luxury car dealerships in the Midwest and the proponent of a new Mercedes-Benz dealership in Burlington.  You can learn more about the project at www.mbob.com but first let me tell you a little about myself and why I am enthusiastic about potentially becoming a business owner in Burlington.
      Although I’m now based in Ohio, I started my family in Massachusetts and spent the first 12 years of my career here. In 2005, I had an opportunity to turn around a failing Mercedes-Benz dealership in Ohio and I jumped at the chance. That one opportunity and its success allowed me to expand my business to encompass 25 franchises including Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Acura, Infiniti, Nissan, Buick, GMC, Aston Martin, Volkswagen Maserati, Lotus, Fisker, Spyker, as part of CAG.
      We now have 12 state-of-the-art luxury dealerships throughout the Midwest, but my wife and I have always held New England close to our hearts because it’s where our family began. I was lucky enough to win a competitive opportunity to build a Mercedes-Benz dealership in Massachusetts because of my passion and commitment to the Commonwealth and my understanding of New England.
      I want to work with you and other leaders in Burlington to develop the land at 80-82 Cambridge Street the now vacant Palomar Building.  My vision is to build a  $25 million project that would act as a gateway to Burlington, increase the tax revenue to the town each year and reduce the burden on to an already heavily trafficked area. The development would focus on creating a green building that can be a point of pride for the community and a less intense use than is already allowed by right on the site.
      Our goal starting with this note and in the weeks and months ahead is to be as open, responsive and transparent as we can be.   We are interested in meeting with you to discuss our plans and hear your thoughts about the project, go to www.mbob.com to sign up for more information and plan a meeting with us.  You can also get up to date information on our website www.mbob.com at any time or you can contact me directly at 440-665-8064 or bernie@...
      I look forward to working with you in the months and years ahead.
      Respectfully,
      Bernie Moreno

  • Show all 24 messages in this topic