Thanks, David. However, the real point here as between Roy and me on the matter of kiddies, is that we've already been through all this a couple of times atwalterhorn
Another horrible cycle that has started up again is Roy Langston sneering at other land taxers for failing to see the entire brilliance of his home-made
... You mean, like people can choose to receive bigger and bigger income tax deductions by having more and more children? I'm sure the income tax people areroy_langston
Welcome to the Land Cafe's Idea Factory -- an Open Society forum created to serve people and groups around the world who are interested to find ways for our societies to come to grips with the troubling but important issues of value capture and land tax reform in an age in which important public services remain substantially under-funded. The Cafe offers a free, public, flexible repository for documents (see Files just to your left) and key links to other programs and sites (see Links), and creative discussion space for people and groups who feel that we need to do a lot better in these two important areas of society.
* Best way to access this forum and its tools is through the Land Cafe home page at http://www.landcafe.org.
* We have created a Facebook group for the café at < http://tinyurl.com/landcafe-facebook -- with the idea that it can aid our exchanges and put a human face to the communications (not always quite sufficiently appreciated).
The Cafe is a public service of The Commons. We welcome diversity of background, culture and views -- and stay open 24 hours a day for people who wish freely to exchange ideas and information about it in a plain-speaking but ever civil way. Like any good cafe, it is important that we be good listeners as well as interesting talkers. (The Cafe is moderated to ensure that we stick to topic and behave civilly.)
- Jul 11, 2004
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.