Re: CGO Conference July 12 - 16: Video?

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 6 , May 19, 2010
      These are some great ideas. C-Span coverage would be awesome!

      ---Jason

      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "DavidH" <discodave1974@...> wrote:

      > Ed -- I have passed along to Sue Walton the info and guidelines for
      C-SPAN coverage. While C-SPAN will not accept DIY footage for air, of
      course it's important for CGO to have its own complete coverage of the
      event as well. Is there a media plan, by the way? Will press releases &
      advisories, etc. be sent out to media stationed in Albany (incl. NYC
      media, AP, public TV and radio)? I would strongly encourage this as it
      is an opportune time to get the word out, not only about this particular
      event but about the movement in general and its relevance in this
      economic crisis. The local alternative media might want to know that
      there will be a session on the economics of wind farming and a debate(?)
      on carbon trading. Jim Dunne may plan (or could be asked) to issue a
      release about his own appearance, using his own media contact list, at
      State expense. The release could include a short wrap-up of the other
      topics in the conference, such as the green issues. Albany is an
      excellent location and a good way to raise awareness if well exploited.

      > While there are no participants of great name, fame or acclaim, the
      green issues and the "self-supporting city" might elicit some interest
      if well publicized, and some coverage if anything interesting is said.
      Even if no coverage results, you've gotten your name and message into
      the hands of those media contacts for follow-up in the future.

      > david harrell.

    • DavidH
      Message 2 of 6 , May 19, 2010
        C-SPAN is the MTV of politics!