Land and monetary reform

  • David Reed
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2010
      Silvio Gesell linked land and monetary reform by dealing with the problems of hoarding in each sphere:you were not allowed to keep land out of use in his system;money could not be laid up on deposit but was made to accelerate in velocity,(velocity being part of the formulae that other monetary reformers like Douglas don't bother with as much).Though admired  ,and possibly plagiarised, by Keynes and extolled poetically by Ezra Pound,his ideas are given the Bronx cheer on land cafe whenever mentioned,(by me)though they are perfectly coherent.
      Fred Foldvary is quite right to say there is no Georgist consensus on monetary reform,though anti-hoarding might be a good place to start (Boo!Boo! from the bleachers)
      Roy Langston is onto the big scandal of the day:peer review in academic journals.Obviously climate warming sceptics are being silenced in their relevant journals ,especially in the UK (or they have been most red-handedly caught)but this is nothing compared to the shut-out going on Economics.This must be the only academic discipline where pioneers, like the Physiocrats, are never mentioned.

    • bruno moser
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2010
        finally, one guy talks about a conspiracy (regarding the climate change hoax).

        there is more (where are the surveillance videos of the poor sucker/patsy known as the underwear bomber?).

        Why hasn't LVT made it into the circles of awakening people?

        Stop arguing against each other on this venue, search for mind-liked and open minded people.  After all, We are all ONE (against of a handful of fascist/elistist/eugenist reptiles).

        good luck,

        b. theGovernor2be

        --
        International Land Economics
        Philadelphia, Hanoi, Les Prés-d'Orvin

        TWO THOUGHTS FOR TODAY:
        A man can't ride on your back unless it's bent. -Martin Luther King, Jr., civil-rights leader (1929-1968)

        Wer die Wahrheit nicht kennt, ist nur ein Dummkopf. Wer sie aber kennt, und sie eine Lüge nennt, ist ein Verbrecher.
        -Galileo Galilei, Italienischer Physiker und Astronom,(1564 - 1642)

        On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 10:54 PM, David Reed <dbcreed@...> wrote:

[...]

      • DavidH
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 11, 2010
          Hmm, the climate issue is a digression, but now that you mention it ... just today I got a visit from a former co-worker. We used to work together selling energy contracts, and half of our commissions came from selling carbon credits. When I started that job in '07, I was agnostic about the issue, but by the time I quit last year, I was convinced it was a total fraud.

          Well, this guy quit the company recently too. In part, it was because the company's sales were dropping. Gas prices in 2009 hit a 10-year low, so nobody wanted to lock in their gas prices for 3, 4 or 5 years -- which is the company's business model. But another thing was, customers were becoming more and more skeptical about global warming.

          > Stop arguing against each other on this venue, search for mind-liked and
          > open minded people.

          Good advice.

          After all, We are all ONE (against of a handful of
          > fascist/elistist/eugenist reptiles).

          Is that really true? I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy, but in a way, aren't we really up against our own apathy and ignorance? Like King said, they can't ride you unless you back is bent.

          david harrell
        • bruno moser
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 11, 2010
            watch e.g.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg_wWPJitLc

            or google for the Georgia Guidestones and go figure why it is written in stone that the world population should not exceed 500 Million... (am I included there? do I want to be included as a chipped/mind-controlled slave?)

            http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3490568771316655904#docid=-303652519788447528

            http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3490568771316655904#

            the guys who erected this monstrous monument in the late 70s are unknown...

            that alone should make one think... but again one of the first inscriptions is: worldpopulation no more than 500 Million...

            good luck!

            b.

            On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 3:55 AM, DavidH <discodave1974@...> wrote:

            Hmm, the climate issue is a digression, but now that you mention it ... just today I got a visit from a former co-worker. We used to work together selling energy contracts, and half of our commissions came from selling carbon credits. When I started that job in '07, I was agnostic about the issue, but by the time I quit last year, I was convinced it was a total fraud.

            Well, this guy quit the company recently too. In part, it was because the company's sales were dropping. Gas prices in 2009 hit a 10-year low, so nobody wanted to lock in their gas prices for 3, 4 or 5 years -- which is the company's business model. But another thing was, customers were becoming more and more skeptical about global warming.

            > Stop arguing against each other on this venue, search for mind-liked and
            > open minded people.

            Good advice.