RE: [LandCafe] Re: Exemptions vs dividends

    Message 1 of 45 , Dec 11, 2009

      Dear Mr. Horne,

      Your land-value tax for the year 2010 will be $1,600. This may be paid in four quarterly installments on the 1st day of January, April, July, and October.

      J. S. Smith – Assessor.

      ******************************

      Henry George School of Los Angeles

      Box 655  Tujunga  CA  91043

      Tel: 818 352-4141

      ******************************

      Message 45 of 45 , Dec 15, 2009
        --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Sullivan"
        <pimann@...> wrote:

        > Depreciation formulas are generally meaningless
        > when applied to particular properties. If the
        > building is cheaply constructed, poorly
        > maintained and in a neighborhood that is
        > changing to another market use, it could be
        > worthless in ten years.

        Of course. I personally saw a five-year-old
        house made worthless by a zoning change.

        > On the other hand, there are buildings that
        > maintain significant value after centuries,
        > and that is not even counting historic value.

        Other than structures of historic value, almost
        none have any significant value after 200 years.