RE: Support from the CBI?

  • Wetzel Dave
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3 6:27 AM
      Cheers Karl,
      TIFs or Tax Incremental Financing has been used in the USA but I understand
      is frowned upon by some greens because its been used to pay for out of town
      shopping malls.

      I'll ask our friends in the Land Café if they can help.

      Dave
      Dave Wetzel; Vice-Chair; Transport for London.

      From: "Wetzel Dave" <Davewetzel@...>
      To: "'Nick Mathiason (Observer)'" <nick.mathiason@...>
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3 12:37 PM
        TIFs are a major scandal here. They are handed out as corporate
        patronage with little regard for economic merit. If you do a Google
        search on "Tax Increment Financing" or on "TIFS" you will get
        countless sites complaining about them. See:

        http://www.cooperativeindividualism.org/sullivan_dan_lvt_vs_tifs.html