BBC Radio 4

  • Wetzel Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2005
      BBC Radio 4 have a serious afternoon news programme at 5pm (so catching car
      commuters) and have invited me to contribute on LVT in a two minute slot
      under the heading 'ideas you won't be able to vote on'.

      I attach what I intend to say; as it hasn't yet been recorded, it isn't too
      late to make changes. I'd also be grateful for any suggestions as to what
      would be suitable background noise as it is to be recorded outside the
      studio.

      I am aware that two parties, the LibDems and the Greens, are offering some
      form of local LVT but what is most encouraging is that

      1) we have a brief chance to raise the issues with millions of
      listeners and

      2) that all us have successfully raised the profile of LVT to such an
      extent the BBC think it

      an issue worth airing.

      Dave

      Dave Wetzel; Vice-Chair; Transport for London.
      Windsor House. 42-50 Victoria Street. London. SW1H 0TL. UK
      Tel: 020 7941 4200
      Intl Tel: +44 207 941 4200

      PA: Vicky Jennings 020 7941 4081
      Windsor House is close to New Scotland Yard. Buses 11, 24, 148 and 211 pass
      the door. (507 passes close by).
      Nearest Tube: St. James's Park Underground station.
      Nearest mainline stations: Waterloo and Victoria (Both a walk or short bus
      ride).
      Public cycle parking available outside Windsor House.

      Office of Dave Wetzel
      Vice-Chair, Transport for London
      Tel: 020 7941 4081
      Fax: 020 7941 4748