Re:A little help here...

  • Roy Langston
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2009
      Matt Bieker wrote:

      >Ok, so I own a copy of Fred Harrison's "Boom Bust,"
      >which unfortunately I don't have at the moment
      >because I loaned it out to a friend. In that book,
      >there's a chart of British Columbia property tax
      >assessments that provides aggregate land and
      >improvement values by year. The chart references an
      >annual report put out by the British Columbia
      >government, and I have found that report on-line in
      >the past.

      >Now, I can't find the report, or any other report
      >or website with that data to save my life. This is
      >seriously aggravating. Can anyone point me to this
      >report? I'm looking at you, Roy. ;)

      I've searched briefly for the report and can't find
      it either. I'm making a query, but they probably
      won't get back to me until Tuesday at the earliest.
      Two possibilities occur to me:

      1. In the past, BC Assessment has made certain
      information available online during certain months,
      but not the rest of the year. I don't know why.

      2. For the current 2009 taxation year only, property
      owners in BC are being given the option of paying tax
      on the value as of 2007 or 2008. They may consider
      that this invalidates the aggregate value data.