RE: [LandCafe] Re: What works?

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 31, 2008

      Walter,

      I suppose it's matter of raising the ante. I said,  "That was easy, wasn't it?"

      Roy replied:

      > "Speaking of which, did you hear the one about the

      > abusive, insulting, supercilious soi-disant Georgist who
      > got on a streetcar?"

      Uncalled for? Probably.

      However, I think this is a ploy. When one is caught insulting in debate, one simply accuses the opposition of doing the same thing.

      Roy came from 'Usenet ' which is a combative arena  no holds barred. The object on Usenet is to win at all costs. One uses every opening even if it is only a word, phrase, or a sentence. It isn't particularly useful to people who want to think about things.

      I would hope the objective of LandCafé is to increase our understanding of our advocacies, and then to advocate them.

      Harry

      Harry Pollard

      Henry George School of Los Angeles

      Box 655