RE: [LandCafe] The real Rothbard Fallacy

  • Fred Foldvary
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2008
      From: Harry Pollard <henrygeorgeschool@...>

      > "The first consequence of the single-tax (on land values) is that
      no revenue would accrue from it. Far from supplying all the revenue
      of government, the single tax would yield no revenue at all!"
      Rothbard <

      > Rothbard was saying that if Rent was collected, land would be worth nothing so there would be nothing to tax.<

      No, he did not say that. He said that rent would fall to zero.

      > I'm doing a criticism of it for the libertarians.

      See the recent edition of Critics of Henry George, since Rothbard was influenced by Spencer Heath, who turned against Georgism.

      Fred Foldvary