RE: [LandCafe] RE: [New Mobility/World Transport Forum] WBCSD - I HT.comArticle:C armakers feel pinch of pollution

  • Wetzel Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2004
      From: Bryan Pepperell [mailto:Bryan.Pepperell@...]
      Sent: 31 July 2004 22:22
      To: Paul Metz

      Subject: RE: [LandCafe] RE: [New Mobility/World Transport Forum] WBCSD -
      I HT.comArticle:C armakers feel pinch of pollution

      Not sure what you're saying here. Are you talking about New Zealand or
      developing industrial giants? As I move about the world I see little to
      convince me that rules are changing our life styles enough to avoid
      environmental destruction. There is a lot of talk about the vulnerability of
      monolithic fuel based cultures but that's all it is.

      I was talking about the consequences of an oil crash and whether LVT would
      make a difference after that event. Personally I'm having trouble trying to
      figure out how we govern in the post-oil world and I don't think it's that
      far away. Certainly London doesn't seem to have grasped the nettle.

      Bryan