Re: [SPAM]LT: Correction and apologies to Nic Tideman

  • Wyn Achenbaum
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2008
      Friends,

      As I wrote privately to Dave a moment ago:

      I think Nic is perfectly comfortable sharing the credit.  After all, all those people signed on and agreed to those words and sentiments -- an important milestone, in my opinion.   What Nic wrote is great, and getting the assents of all those folks was a very good thing.

      But I am uncomfortable when we take the next step of attributing them to them individually, and wanted to be sure that when we do so, we do it consciously.  (And I do mean to prune those quotes from my list!!)

      Wyn
      (who needs to maintain her website!)

      At 02:50 AM 4/8/2008, Wetzel Dave wrote:

      My good friend Wyn Achenbaum has corrected me re the quote I attributed to
      Nobel Laureate Robert Solow and has informed me that this quote is actually from a letter written by Nic Tideman which Robert Solow, among many others, cosigned?
      The letter is at http://www.wealthandwant.com/docs/Tideman_et_al_Gorbachev.htm < http://www.wealthandwant.com/docs/Tideman_et_al_Gorbachev.htm>

      Wyn also informs me that there is at least one other attribution to a "quotable notable" that actually comes from that letter: the Modigliani "quote" is at:
        http://www.wealthandwant.com/themes/quotable_nobels.htm < http://www.wealthandwant.com/themes/quotable_nobels.htm

      Apologies to Nic.

      Best Wishes,
      Dave