RE: All you ever wanted to know about subprime

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2008

      Hi!

      The following “Sub-Prime” video is hilarious and I’m sure most of you have seen it.

      However, some can’t download it or see it, so here it is again.

      This will not take you to  a webpage but will give you a dialog box from which you can download it. I hope that anyone with a webpage will install it for our viewing pleasure (and tell us about it)..

      http://rapidshare.com/files/101981919/Sub-Prime.avi

      Following is a piece about Bear Stearns subprime funds – now worth nothing.

      You’ll see the connection when you see the video. This from Wikipedia.

      ‘On June 22, 2007, Bear Stearns pledged a collateralized loan of up to $3.2 billion to "bail out" one of its funds, the Bear Stearns High-Grade Structured Credit Fund, while negotiating with other banks to loan money against collateral to another fund, the Bear Stearns High-Grade Structured Credit Enhanced Leveraged Fund. The funds were invested in thinly traded collateralized debt obligations (CDO) found to be worth less than their mark-to-model value.’

      Harry

      Harry Pollard

      Henry George School of Los Angeles

      Box 655